No announcement yet.

Comics Recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Ink Online host Blair Butler reviews the latest and greatest comics on the stands, including Garth Ennis’ brand new Jennifer Blood, Uncanny X-Force, Uptight, Who is Jake Ellis?, Superman/Batman, and The Magdalena. But will Morning Glories or G.I. Joe: Cobra nab the coveted Pick of the Week title?
    Here's the video clip

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51378/Fre...-Glories-Hulk/
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Despite the fire alarm going off and the risk of being engulfed in flames (well, maybe that’s exaggerating it a bit…), host Blair Butler reviews a whole slew of new comics on this week’s Fresh Ink Online, including 5 Ronin Wolverine, Ultimate Captain America, Secret Warriors, Secret Six, and Powers. Yet it’s Irredeemable and Locke & Key that compete for Pick of the Week. Which one will nab the title? Watch and find out.

Video Clip:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51597/Fre...emable-Powers/
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Criminal by Ed Brubaker. The first arc, "Coward," is collected in a trade and is the perfect start point. Great book.
        "You can't foresee all the consequences of your actions -- but that's no excuse to do nothing." -- Hal Jordan

Comment

Jack Kirby's New Gods.

Comment

This week on Fresh Ink Online Blair Butler reviews a gaggle of new comics, including Jennifer Blood, Wulf, The Invincible Iron Man, Northlanders, Wolfskin, Thunder Agents, Fear Itself Prologue: Book of the Skull, and Carbon Grey. But will Punisher Max or Xombi take Pick of the Week? Tune in and find out, kiddies!

Video Clippy: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51884/fre...r-blood-xombi/

Comment

How about any trades that feature the Spectre (Jim Corrigan) heavily? I got interested in him during Kingdom Come. I read that during the silver age he was around more but tended to be pretty weak and another face in the crowd. Any good trades that feature him prominently?
              Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Fresh Ink Online host Blair Butler returns from Wondecon armed with the new issue of The Walking Dead and a slew of indie comics, including Nonplayer, Blue Estate, Undying Love and the not-so-independent Marvel superhero event Fear Itself.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/52301/fre...r-blue-estate/

Video Clip of Blair Butler's review for the week of April 6, 2011

Comment

Seven Soldiers of Victory by Grant Morrison.

I would suggest getting the newest hardcovers that came out. They are nice additions.

Comment

Speaking of new hardcovers...if you haven't read GOTHAM CENTRAL yet, you need to either do so NOW or kill yourself. Whichever you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      Speaking of new hardcovers...if you haven't read GOTHAM CENTRAL yet, you need to either do so NOW or kill yourself. Whichever you prefer.
                      I'm planning on getting those next week.

Comment

Blair Butler picks her favorite floppies of the week. You’ll see reviews of G.I. Joe: Cobra Civil War, Punisher Max, Northlanders: The Hunt, Moon Knight, Flashpoint, and the aforementioned standoff between Batman Incorporated and Batman Arkham City. Good stuff, comic lovers.

VIDEO CLIP

Comment

Long time lurker (obvious with my post to join date ratio) but I'm looking to go outside of GL for once. I'm probably going to get Batman Inc. on Saturday, but I'm also interested in any good Nightwing or Capt. America trades. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TAQS View Post
                            Long time lurker (obvious with my post to join date ratio) but I'm looking to go outside of GL for once. I'm probably going to get Batman Inc. on Saturday, but I'm also interested in any good Nightwing or Capt. America trades. Thanks
                            If you're planning on picking up Inc. in floppies it's a great jumping on point for new readers, if you're planning on getting it in trade, well that doesn't come out till December. Regardless I highly recommend checking out all of Morrison's Batman stuff starting with Batman and Son if you haven't done so. It's not necessary but it'll definitely add to your level of enjoyment.

I don't really know any good Nightwing trades but if you're looking for good Dick Grayson stories I recommend Morrison's Batman & Robin or Snyder's current run on Detective, both are great.

As for Cap, Brubaker's run is the way to go imo. Either pick up the first Winter Soldier trade or the Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection (collects the first two trades). I've also heard good things about Waid's Captain America: Man out of Time which comes out later this month. Hope this helps!

Comment

Yeah, defininetly check out Brubaker's Cap. I'd start with the first issue/trade though; satisfaction guaranteed!

Batman; meh, don't much care for what Morrison has done, but if you like GM's stuff, check it out.

ALthough with DC's revamp at the end of Flashpoint, it may be better to wait what happens to the Batbooks, and start from there.
                              (new series, new #1's!)

Comment

Aight Cool. Thank You Gentlemen

Comment

Working...
                                X