Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAQS View Post
    Aight Cool. Thank You Gentlemen
    No problem. By the by Tales of Wonder is currently having a sale on their Captain America trades, 50% off.

Comment

Okay, I figured I should ask this question here.

I only have four books this week, so should I get The New York Four, by Brian Wood and Ryan Kelly or The Last Days of American Crime by Rick Remender and Tocchini

Comment

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
        Okay, I figured I should ask this question here.

I only have four books this week, so should I get The New York Four, by Brian Wood and Ryan Kelly or The Last Days of American Crime by Rick Remender and Tocchini
        Damn that's a tough one, both are excellent. Either get both or flip a coin, I doubt you'd be disappointed with either (not much help I know).

Comment

Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
          Damn that's a tough one, both are excellent. Either get both or flip a coin, I doubt you'd be disappointed with either (not much help I know).
          Went ahead and bought The New York Four on Amazon, along with Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller and JRJR

Comment

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
            Went ahead and bought The New York Four on Amazon, along with Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller and JRJR
            Those are two good reads! I picked up The Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects today myself. I love Mignola.

Comment

Those are two good reads! I picked up The Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects today myself. I love Mignola.
              Get this, both books only cost me 11 bucks

Comment

This week host Blair Butler reviews Graveyard of Empires, Birds of Prey, Echo, Northlanders: Thor's Daughter, and Batman Knight of Vengeance. Which of these comics will not make it to the end of the year? Tune in and find out.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53787/nor...sh-ink-online/
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Two massive weeks of comics get covered on this week’s Fresh Ink Online. Yes, Blair Butler goes comic-crazy with reviews of The Red Wing, Loose Ends, Supreme Power, Booster Gold, X-Men Schism, Batman Detective Comics, Jonah Hex, Northlanders, Damaged, Vengeance, Ultimate Fallout, and the reboot of Captain America. Whew!

VIDEO CLIP CLICKY HERE
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I kinda want to get back into the X-Men. Over the years, I've read a number of books that revolve around the X-Men. Stuff like Deadpool. Cable & Deadpool, and more recently Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, and X-23. However, I have not read any X-men proper in a very long time(Except for Whedon's run on Astonishing in trade).

What do you guys think I should do? Should I jump on Schism, wait for Wolverine & the X-Men, or are there some past stories that I should check out first?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider-Lantern View Post
                      I kinda want to get back into the X-Men. Over the years, I've read a number of books that revolve around the X-Men. Stuff like Deadpool. Cable & Deadpool, and more recently Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, and X-23. However, I have not read any X-men proper in a very long time(Except for Whedon's run on Astonishing in trade).

What do you guys think I should do? Should I jump on Schism, wait for Wolverine & the X-Men, or are there some past stories that I should check out first?
                      You're just like me. I don't read Uncanny, Astonishing, Legacy or X-men proper. I just read Daken & Generation Hope and keep up with the basics of storylines online. I suggest you read X-men: Second Coming, because its really really good, not because its 100% necessary. After that, I suggest you do as I do and just jump on Schism. I'll probably be reading the Uncanny/Wolverine & the Xmen titles once Schism is over(as long as this event is good).

Comment

Cool. Will do.

One of the problems I've had with the X-Men, ever since I started reading comics, was that for every one X-Man that I like and care about there are like ten or more that I could give two poops about. That goes double for their villians. I think now that I have a better understanding of the X-Men in general, I can give them another honest try.

Oh. BTW, I did try Daken for a while. Liu and Way did hold my interest. Which is sort of surprising considering Way's run on Deadpool can sometimes feel like a root canal. I guess Liu was probably pulling a majority of the writing weight. Anyway, it has been an interesting read, but the new writer is sapping my will to care.

Comment

Kingdom Come. Do it.

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey guys,

What are considered to be the modern classics/best stories from DC?

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FailureByDesign View Post
                              Hey guys,

Many thanks.
                              Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, Watchmen, and All Star Superman, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow should be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by FailureByDesign View Post
                                Hey guys,

Many thanks.
                                Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, Watchmen, and All Star Superman, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow should be a good start.
                                I'll add DC: The New Frontier to this list.

Comment

Working...
                                X