No announcement yet.

Green Lantern #0 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up the actual issue today and got to read it all, not just the preview. Ignore the above opinion. Instead, it should read:

No no no no no no. Wrong plot. Wrong character. Stupid, stupid story line. Reeks of Mary-Sue-itis. If Hal hadn't made a cameo app at the end, the title WOULD have been on my drop list. My first zero rating in the poll goes for a zero issue.

Never thought I'd say this, but...Johns, get a clue! The late Julie Schwartz could've told you what happens when you try too hard to make comics "relevant!" IT DOESN"T WORK! And it could be dangerous. Stay safe out there.
    Evergreen City
    Corps Den Mother
    Last edited by Evergreen City; 09-13-2012, 03:54 AM. Reason: erudition lacked sagacious efflundency

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

• I don't understand all of the complaining about a car thief getting a Green Lantern ring. We already know the rings have no moral guide without Mogo. Hell, Sinestro got a ring and he's done things far worse than Baz has.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
        Well some GL is dying probably. Though with the Fall of Guy Gardner happening who knows.
        He's gonna live though which is all that matters just wonder how bad off he'll be after he "falls"

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
        ...or they can do to Baz what they've done to the other unwanted characters (Sodam Yat) and never speak of him again.
        Doubt it. It was major news all over the world. Its not just a plot device like Yat seems to have been.

Originally posted by MB99 View Post
        I don't understand all of the complaining about a car thief getting a Green Lantern ring. We already know the rings have no moral guide without Mogo. Hell, Sinestro got a ring and he's done things far worse than Baz has.
        The munchkins even said they were the ones who were behind Thaal getting a ring.

Comment

• I miss Yat.... why did you remind us of him?!

Comment

• ok DC am i supposed to feel sorry for "BAZ"............... cause i don't

3* anyway, not a bad story but not a very good one

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
              Green Lantern #0 PREVIEW
              Writer: Geoff Johns
              Artist: Doug Mahnke
              WHY THE GUN? He looks like he's about to hold up a liquor store!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyofshaolin View Post
                Long live the '90s' extreme heroes?
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• He was trained by Gun-Guy.

Comment

• They say that Gun-Guy is a baaaaaaaad mutha-shut yo mouth!

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyofshaolin View Post
                      Because a bomb vest isn't PC.

And his story will be the hero's journey. A poor man's Han Solo.

Comment

• More like an undiscerning man's Han Solo

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Boy View Post
                          They say that Gun-Guy is a baaaaaaaad mutha-shut yo mouth!
                          But I'm just talkin' bout Gun-Guy!
                          Dr. Naysay
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Dr. Naysay; 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• So when Baz uses his ring, do his tattoos light up? Can we expect that from the action figure?

Comment

• Oh it better! Don't pass up a kewl feature like THAT!

Comment

• The figure should come with a black bag, a board, and a bucket of water to remind kids how our government unjustly waterboards terrorists. Make a cute little playset out of it, with the evil government agent dressed in black, twirling his moustache as he gives the orders from behind a one way mirror!

Comment

Working...
                                X