Just kill John and Kyle already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just kill John and Kyle already!

Blackest Night is the perfect opportunity to eliminate these 2 redundant characters.

I love my GL, but I'm getting a little bored with John and Kyle's meandering story arcs. I was excited at the end of GLC 42 when it looked like DC had grown some nuts and offed Kyle. But alas, he's back.

All we need is Hal as Earth's GL and Guy on Oa. Dig?
    A.A.F.A.D.

"Damn that Sorcerer! 20 gold pieces and I'm wankered on Rohypnol!"

Eh........No.

True, John and Kyle don't get much face time... But I'd rather Guy die than Kyle.

But as both of them are shown on the cover for Gl#47..

I think Dc is going to kill John.

Comment

Guy is a far more interesting character than John or Kyle. Plus Guy was the original back up GL for sector 2814. John was just created as a temporary replacement for Hal prior and during Crisis on Infinite Earths because Guy was in a coma at the time. But annoyingly, John hasn't gone away. And Kyle was created as a mid 90s metrosexual version of Hal who couldn't get a decent costume if his life depended on it. 4 GLs from Earth is too many.
      A.A.F.A.D.

Comment

This will end in a war over kyle, I can feel it. That being said the only gl i want dead is John unless he gets some real character, Guy i like, Kyle i like, Hal i like but would like to see be given a bit of focus, John i could grow to like if they gave him a real story.

Edit: I just went back to reread GL 49, and i've changed my opinion in that issue we saw a John Steward who does'nt spend the first ten mins of every appearance moping about xanshi ,instead he kicked some black lantern ass so i retract my statement i like all the earth GL's and would only want to see them die if it served a real purpose(Aside from just giving a character a ring for two issues...*coughguycough*)
        Zan_Black_Lantern
        Senior Corps Member
        Last edited by Zan_Black_Lantern; 01-22-2010, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Huh, interesting opinion. I disagree completely.

Comment

Sure. Kill 'em! Kill 'em all!
            The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

And another memember from the DCMB has arrived

Comment

I don't mean for the thread to turn into a Kyle bashing session.
                My main point is that DC went to the effort of bringing back Hal due largely to fan-demand.
                But the attention that Hal deserves is diluted by the usurpers Kyle and John.
                I've never understood John fans. I've been reading GL since the mid-eighties. I quit after the Emerald Twilight farce. I returned upon learning of Rebirth. But I can't recall one interesting John story. To be honest, his best period was immediately after Hal quit the Corps in the mid eighties and during Crisis. Everything since then has been introspective and dull.
                A.A.F.A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post
                  I don't mean for the thread to turn into a Kyle bashing session.
                  My main point is that DC went to the effort of bringing back Hal due largely to fan-demand.
                  But the attention that Hal deserves is diluted by the usurpers Kyle and John.
                  I've never understood John fans. I've been reading GL since the mid-eighties. I quit after the Emerald Twilight farce. I returned upon learning of Rebirth. But I can't recall one interesting John story. To be honest, his best period was immediately after Hal quit the Corps in the mid eighties and during Crisis. Everything since then has been introspective and dull.
                  GL:MOSAIC

John has not been given real story since 92-93 besides being crippled
                  there's so much that could be done with him
                  Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

you cant just eliminate them. theyve grown so much cmon gls can never die lmao

Comment

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                      And another memember from the DCMB has arrived
                      The guy "arrived" before you did.
                      The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
                        GL:MOSAIC

John has not been given real story since 92-93 besides being crippled
                        there's so much that could be done with him
                        I read all of Mosaic. Was slow with poor art. Hence the reason it got canned.

And there's so much that could be done with Hal too. That's the problem. Writers are trying to placate Hal, John, Kyle and Guy fans. What DC needs to do is bite the bullet and get rid of at least 2 of those guys and just focus all the good shit on Hal.
                        KILLER-CLONE
                        Manhunter Repairman
                        Last edited by KILLER-CLONE; 01-22-2010, 03:50 AM.
                        A.A.F.A.D.

Comment

There was no reason given why Mosaic was canceled except stupidity by DC sales were pretty good
                          Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
                            There was no reason given why Mosaic was canceled except stupidity by DC sales were pretty good
                            Well, DC and stupidity went hand in hand during the nineties.

I still maintain that Mosaic was dull. I only read it all because I needed all the GL I could get.
                            A.A.F.A.D.

Comment

Give Geoff a bit of credit, Clone. What Geoff has done to Kyle is far worse than death.

And I couldn't be happier about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X