Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the only review I will listen to is this guymoivebob when he dose it.

I cant watch it's nearly here. I'm more excited for this film the then by birthday which is in same month.
    The British Lantern
    Not A Moderator
    Last edited by The British Lantern; 05-31-2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Just saw a commercial for Subway advertising Gl and avacado's

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
        Just saw a commercial for Subway advertising Gl and avacado's
        i have went into about 4 different subway's here and they don't have squat about gl toy, no cups, no nothing

Comment

• Awesome. I noticed last night in Dublin, Ireland, the roll out of the Green Lantern posters on the bus stops and buses and in the cinema as well.

Don't let me down public! Go see GL!
          Back away, I will deal with this jedi scum myself.
          you fool! I have being trained in your jedi arts by count dooku!

Comment

• Originally posted by havik View Post
            i have went into about 4 different subway's here and they don't have squat about gl toy, no cups, no nothing
            probably didnt start until yesterday or maybe its holding off until the 1st.

Comment

• Just spitballing here.

If the Hangover, Kun Fu panda and Pirates 4 could extract 200M+ from the american public last weekend, how well could GL do on it's first weekend? What other movies are out on the 27th --that weekend?

65-70 million for GL would be decent?

Comment

• Well the 27th doesnt matter since the 17th is when it comes out. All 3 of those films have a built in fanbase where as GL is running an uphill battle. It may possibly have an awesome opening weekend but as its been stated before its dominance will on least for 1 weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                  Free Green Lantern Xbox theme now on Xbox Live!
                  i posted that yesterday in the gamer thread.

is there a demo up?
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    i posted that yesterday in the gamer thread.

is there a demo up?
                    Not last night when I checked.

Comment

Well the 27th doesnt matter since the 17th is when it comes out. All 3 of those films have a built in fanbase where as GL is running an uphill battle. It may possibly have an awesome opening weekend but as its been stated before its dominance will on least for 1 weekend.
                      crap, I meant the 17th. Plus it will open a day early in some places, so that will add to it's overall weekend tally.

Comment

• only midnight showings count towards the weekend tally. if it opens on the thursday is some markets then you will hear 4 day totals,blah blah, blah. like with tf3 at the end of the month you will hear 5 day opening and then the holiday weekend numbers.

Comment

only midnight showings count towards the weekend tally. if it opens on the thursday is some markets then you will hear 4 day totals,blah blah, blah. like with tf3 at the end of the month you will hear 5 day opening and then the holiday weekend numbers.

ok im officially lost
                          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Green Lantern augmented reality app interacts with movie posters

Warner Bros have announced a clever augmented reality app which will see an interactive national poster campaign, newspaper articles and even magazine cover wraps.

Those who download the app, which is available both on Android and iOS, will find that they can use it to unlock audio samples, as well as visual animations and features locked in Green Lantern images.

The augmented reality technology used in the app is powered by Zappar, which creates 'hot spots' in posters that can then be tapped on. Odeon has cleverly incorporated a pre booking link into the posters which allows you to buy tickets for the film on its release.

Zappar is calling itself a "mobile media channel" and plans plenty more similar applications in the future. As of yet the poster campaign hasn't hit the streets, so we can't test things out quite yet but expect to see Green Lantern pictures appear on the 6th June. If you are really desperate to give the app a go then pick up an Odeon magazine, copy of the Mirror Newspaper or Shortlist, all of which have compatible adverts.

Green Lantern is out in cinemas on Friday 17th June.
                            http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4025...y-app-launches

Comment

• midnight shows are technically friday showings so they count for the weeked (fri-sun) box office numbers. When something opens on a holiday weekend or an extended weekend then its a different category technically. So like tf3 you will here overall numbers for the 5 day opening weekend and then you will here numbers for all movies that opened that weeked with the previous movies as well.

Comment

• GL pretty much gets the opening weekend to itself, but it will have holdovers to deal with in X-men (3rd weekend) and Super 8 (2nd weekend). Personally, I don't believe either of those movies will do as well as people seem to be expecting, but if they do, they're both still looking at around $20 mil each that weekend, which shouldn't be too much competition. Fast Five made $40 mil the weekend Thor opened to $65 mil. GL should be able to get at least $60. At that point in the summer (school's out, weather's hot, peoplel looking for blockbusters) it could do better, especially if reviews and word of mouth are good going in (also, it should have all the 3D screens to itself for a week).

Comment

Working...
                                X