This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
    I know it's not the movie prop. I was more responding to your comment that you were hoping that it was the actual movie prop.

I also don't see how I'm personifying the "fanboy mindset" either. I have an opinion - how did I express that "it's never *just right?*" Maybe you don't realize how condescending that comment is, but it is - I don't like being thrown into that group and all that implies. It's not like I'm threatening to boycott the movie or saying that the movie is ruined for me if that's the lantern.

If anything, liking something for being more "authentic to the comic" is more indicative of the fanboy mindset but I wouldn't throw you into that group solely for that reason.
    I'm Sorry, I didn't intend to be condescending. I do agree that the movie version will likely be as you described. My comment was motivated by the contrast of what you said compared to the recent "costume is too complex" hoopla that's been prevalent. I was musing more about how us fanboys tend to be really focused on minute details to the point of fault Lets hope they've got the real deal at the Con

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
      I'm Sorry, I didn't intend to be condescending. I do agree that the movie version will likely be as you described. My comment was motivated by the contrast of what you said compared to the recent "costume is too complex" hoopla that's been prevalent. I was musing more about how us fanboys tend to be really focused on minute details to the point of fault Lets hope they've got the real deal at the Con
      I understand your point, but that's the problem with trying to ascribe personality traits to a collective - any group is going to come across as schizophrenic or hyprocitical because we do not share one mindset. It happens in politics all the time and it happened during the Hal/Kyle wars all the time. When someone is dismissed as an idividual and generalized as being part of a mindset it can be insulting so I got defensive. I appreciate your explanation.

On to another topic, with SDCC coming soon and more and more information and images coming to light, I'm starting to feel that tug to go into "media blackout" mode. I certainly hunger to see the movie, but I don't want to be in the theater and feel like I'd already seen everything by the time it comes out. (I've been averting my eyes to not look at the Abin Sur pics) My wife got so used to seeing me cover my eyes and ears during every "Iron Man II" commercial she would just turn the channel anytime it came on.

Comment

• so you two bickering back and forth (albeit in a civilized way) is Movie news?

Comment

• Man I really don't want to get to excited for this movie but it's really hard not to! Everything is looking soooo cool!
          FAIR PLAY

Comment

• Well I hope this IS what Abin looks like in the movie because it's better than anything I gave Hollywood credit for doing. He looks great. I still have images in my head of that shitty genital wart ridden Abin from First Flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
              Well I hope this IS what Abin looks like in the movie because it's better than anything I gave Hollywood credit for doing. He looks great. I still have images in my head of that shitty genital wart ridden Abin from First Flight.
              Heh heh, It's true, he looks much more accurate than that Abin Sur, and seems much less frail, IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                so you two bickering back and forth (albeit in a civilized way) is Movie news?
                Well, if the (not so civilized) bickering on McLaughlin Group can be considered a "news program...."

Comment

• This thread is very entertaining.

Comment

• Here is a video with the body of Abin Sur, somebody posted that in the CBM comments:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8439463

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
                      Here is a video with the body of Abin Sur, somebody posted that in the CBM comments:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8439463
                      Nice.

Comment

• Notice it gives the movie's date as "June 17, 2010"... Oh shit guys! We missed it

Comment

• This is from MPPs Twitter account , it is supposed to be the movie power battery ):

Shaolinlantern
                          Parallax Host
                          Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 07-22-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                            Notice it gives the movie's date as "June 17, 2010"... Oh shit guys! We missed it

Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
                            This is from MPP Twitter account , it is supposed to be the movie power battery ):

AWESOME.

Comment

• But seems to be the same as on the panel, maybe he is wrong., but the bottom part seem to be different.

It is rather the old DC direct prop I think:

Shaolinlantern
                              Parallax Host
                              Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 07-22-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Publicists lie... I'm taking this with a grain of salt for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X