This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
    I gave my brother , who didnīt know much about the green lantern mythology, both First Flight and also Final Frontier, and he was much more impressed of the character when he saw Final Frontier. Just compare the Abin Sur scene of both films.

@Cyber Bishop : Yesterday there they shooting some scenes before and in the lobby of the Sheraton Hotel at the canal street..Did you hear something about that?

After reading that synopsis again, I think that Alan Scott wonīt be in the movie ( sadly), because it is emphasizing that Hal Jordan is the first human green lantern.("the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan." ("he has one thing no member of the Corps has ever had: humanity").
    Since we know that Alan Scott is a different GL, a broader audience does not know is. It would relativize this message.

Nothing new, but here is a news clip about the GL movie merchandising:

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    I think the key word is "chosen", Alan wasn't "chosen" per se, but I think they're downplaying Alan so that a cameo will be more of a surprise at the end.

And I agree, Hal was portrayed better in New Frontier, I own both, but I've only watch First Flight once

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
      That actually explains a lot, because I thought Rebirth was really good.
      And I'm a longtime Hal fan, mind you! I just didn't enjoy the simplification of his character in it, at all.

Okay, back OT. Has there been any word on when a teaser trailer might debut?

Also...a perfect after-credits scene in the film? Kyle getting his ring. Won't happen, of course, but it would still be pretty cool.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
        And I'm a longtime Hal fan, mind you! I just didn't enjoy the simplification of his character in it, at all.

Okay, back OT. Has there been any word on when a teaser trailer might debut?

Also...a perfect after-credits scene in the film? Kyle getting his ring. Won't happen, of course, but it would still be pretty cool.
        For the teaser, expect something at ComiCon, a guy from Sony Imageworks said they would "steal the show".

Based on the script, Kyle getting a ring wouldn't fit in at all. I would expect to see an Alan Scott near the end or after the credits.

Comment

• Oh, and I'd expect Alan to be the head of the Department of Extranormal Operations

Comment

• Now that would be cool.

Comment

• Again, I am sceptical about that...do you think Guy will have a cameo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
                Again, I am sceptical about that...do you think Guy will have a cameo?
                That's a tough call, but I wouldn't rule it out, they've already added Amanda Waller (who wasn't even in the original script), so they're clearly looking to add extra DCU characters.

Comment

• If not in this film, other human GLs will certainly show up in the sequel.

Comment

• I agree, they'd be fools not to put that in

Comment

• I would bet after the credits there is something with Sinestro heading toward the yellow side of the spectrum. Just a little indication of where Green Lantern 2 will go.

Comment

• Originally posted by gl2814h View Post
                        I would bet after the credits there is something with Sinestro heading toward the yellow side of the spectrum. Just a little indication of where Green Lantern 2 will go.
                        I could see him arriving home on Korugar to geers and boos, with a big reveal that he's kept order as a despot.

Comment

I could see him arriving home on Korugar to geers and boos, with a big reveal that he's kept order as a despot.
                          with a shot of Katma Tui throwing a Korugarian tomato at him.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Owl View Post
                              That would be cool.
                              It would be too much like right.

Comment

• I'd love to see an After-the-Credits of Hal getting stomped to the ground by Guy saying, "Get off this Earth Hal Jordan...There's only room for one Green Lantern. ME!"
                                "Build a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life."

Comment

Working...
                                X