Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't imagine willingly sitting through Steel today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Yeah, Steel looked so bad that I avoided watching that movie and I don't plan on wasting any time on watching it in the future. Tell me, are there references to Superman in that movie? Does Superman play a part in Steel's origin?
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
      I can't imagine willingly sitting through Steel today.
      Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
      You know, now that we've gone on about it a bit I think I will check this out. I'm a fan of the character and hell I've willingly sat through some truly awful horror movies (Human Centipede, anyone?...hopefully no one).
      Here's a not-bad review, which summarizes the story and mocks the movie with plenty of clips. It has the benefit of only being 24-minutes long, so you can get the idea without the time committment:

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So, as I thought, he confirms the Man of Steel tat and a non-specific Oracle-type character is the only real tie-in to the comics.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        I'd take movie money over comic money any day.
        There's no copnarison.

Comment

• I love both movies and comics (comics a bit more). I'd be heartbroken to lose either.

Comment

• I haven't read a Green Lantern comic since that last story arc by Johns. I watch bits and pieces of the Green Lantern flick. The WonderCon trailer for the film was amazing.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• VIDEO: First Footage of “Justice League” Movie Shown at Comic-Con

Comment

• Deadline: Warner Bros Sets David Goyer, Justin Rhodes For Green Lantern Corps
                Hypo
                Lil' Leaguer
                Last edited by Hypo; 01-12-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• David Goyer?
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Not great.

Comment

• Well, good news for Hal and John fans are the article states the GL film will feature those two characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                        David Goyer?
                        Well the article has been updated to say the story was conceived by Johns and Goyer, but yea Goyer and Rhodes, whoever that is.

Also this was apparently an earlier version of the article:

Comment

• I still think the Lethal Weapon schtick with Hal and John could be fantastic. If someone other than WB was handling it of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            Well the article has been updated to say the story was conceived by Johns and Goyer, but yea Goyer and Rhodes, whoever that is.

Also this was apparently an earlier version of the article:

If they do go with the a Lethal Weapon inspired script, I would think John Stewart would be the older and more rigid of the two. However, I seen a YouTube video that think the opposite, where Hal would be the older statesman and Stewart is the younger GL, which reminds me of MIB.

I don't want Ryan Reynold's to come back as Hal because I don't want the DCEU to tie itself to that film. I think they should start from scratch with Green Lantern, suit and all.

I think Armie Hammer (rumored awhile back) would make a great Hal Jordan. And hopefully Idris Alba will be able to break away from the MCU and be John Stewart.

We'll see how "aggressively" WB moves forward with this project.

Comment

• From the interviews that I've read, it sounds as if Reynolds has zero interest in working with WB again. Plus, Man of Steel was ground zero for the DCEU, so I never really thought they would go back to GL '11 and try to reintegrate it.
                              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Better off rebooting without him, like Marvel did with Ed Norton instead of Eric Bana on Hulk.

Comment

Working...
                                X