This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
    The movies can't get any worse at this point. At least they have the one direction left to go being up going for them.
    A lot of people said the same thing about MOS, and we all know what happened with that, heh.

Keep in mind I did enjoy MOS, I'm just pointing that out.

Comment

• Well, I think Batman and Robin is still the worse DC film followed by Catwoman. So there's still room for the current DCEU to fall.

However, the first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one and WB/DC with all the shakeups have admitted there's a problem.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
        Well, I think Batman and Robin is still the worse DC film followed by Catwoman. So there's still room for the current DCEU to fall . . .
        They're so bad they're good to me. I own both of those on BD. Steel, on the other hand, I'd put in the bad-bad category.

Comment

• Yeah, Steel looked so bad that I avoided watching that movie and I don't plan on wasting any time on watching it in the future. Tell me, are there references to Superman in that movie? Does Superman play a part in Steel's origin?
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Yeah, Steel looked so bad that I avoided watching that movie and I don't plan on wasting any time on watching it in the future. Tell me, are there references to Superman in that movie? Does Superman play a part in Steel's origin?
            I didn't even try with that one, either. It's a damn shame, I really like the character Steel.

Comment

• If anyone knows the DC characters, it's Geoff Johns. So him now running DC Films is nothing but amazing news to me! This new DCEU is still so young so just because Snyder started things very dark, doesn't mean the universe can't shift towards the light.

Chris Terrio already said that Justice League Part One was going to be lighter, comparing BVS to the Empire Strikes Back of the series, and Suicide Squad already looks to be lighter in tone so Johns saying we wants to bring hope into this universe shouldn't be surprising. And not to mention Johns just did it in the comics with DC Rebirth so it only seems right he does it with the movies too.

He's also writing the Batman movie so he and Affleck must get along and have similar visions so with them both being producers on Justice League makes me very happy. But what I really liked about that report was the quote "Warners still wants to remain a filmmaker-driven studio" which I think is great and something I don't think marvel does. Zack Snyder, David Ayer, Patty Jenkins, James Wan, and Ben Affleck all are very stylistic directors so I'm happy to heard WB won't hinder and try and take control of them. I think Johns is just there to make sure the story and characters are being done right, while leaving the movie making magic to their directors.
              CeltiC5-27
              Weaponer of Qward
              Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 05-25-2016, 10:54 PM.
              Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                A lot of people said the same thing about MOS, and we all know what happened with that, heh.

Keep in mind I did enjoy MOS, I'm just pointing that out.
                Bit of a different situation now though, the overall audience reaction to MOS was positive after all.

Comment

• It wouldn't surprise me if the Green Lantern Corps movie ends up good, since Johns seemed to really love the characters and wrote what was for me the best stories for Jordan (Rebirth to Blackest Night).

But, overall I've been steadily losing respect for him; Rebirth #1 didn't do much for me at all, and the fact that he's not going to be writing comics...wow, talk about throwing away the one thing everyone knows you excel at. I can't get behind that.

Sigh. Timm, Timm, Timm.

Comment

• I'd take movie money over comic money any day.

Comment

• Yea, I don't get it. Johns is accepting a promotion, presumably earning more money and moving on to new and bigger challenges, all of which are things that everyone who has a job works towards, but it's causing him to lose respect for Johns.

Comment

• The less you wonder why he thinks the things he thinks the better your day will be.

Comment

• To be completely forthright, the only thing that is really bugging me about the GLC movie is that it won't be out for another several years! I'm really hoping we'll get something great, as the GLC continue to be my favorite superheroes, even after (what was for me) the revelation of the Civil War film.

Comment

Yeah, Steel looked so bad that I avoided watching that movie and I don't plan on wasting any time on watching it in the future. Tell me, are there references to Superman in that movie? Does Superman play a part in Steel's origin?
                            I don't recall all the details well (although I have watched it more recently than 1997). I'm 90% sure it was in it's own continuity. They may have referenced Superman as a fictional thing (especially since Shaq is a fan), but I don't recall it. For sure, it wasn't the same origin involving Supes and he doesn't use the s shield.

In the movie, Irons works for a weapons developer and pretty much comes up with the thing wholesale, but splits from the boss because he's evil. Or something like that. I guess I've suppressed a lot of it. The bad guy is Judd Nelson.

The funniest on-purpose part was when Nelson first sees Shaq in his supposed identity-hiding costume (which reveals the bottom of his face and, of course, is seven-foot tall), he just drops a sarcastic "I wonder who that is?" line that made me burst out laughing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              I don't recall all the details well (although I have watched it more recently than 1997). I'm 90% sure it was in it's own continuity. They may have referenced Superman as a fictional thing (especially since Shaq is a fan), but I don't recall it. For sure, it wasn't the same origin involving Supes and he doesn't use the s shield.

In the movie, Irons works for a weapons developer and pretty much comes up with the thing wholesale, but splits from the boss because he's evil. Or something like that. I guess I've suppressed a lot of it. The bad guy is Judd Nelson.

The funniest on-purpose part was when Nelson first sees Shaq in his supposed identity-hiding costume (which reveals the bottom of his face and, of course, is seven-foot tall), he just drops a sarcastic "I wonder who that is?" line that made me burst out laughing.
                              You know, now that we've gone on about it a bit I think I will check this out. I'm a fan of the character and hell I've willingly sat through some truly awful horror movies (Human Centipede, anyone?...hopefully no one).

Comment

• Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                                You know, now that we've gone on about it a bit I think I will check this out. I'm a fan of the character and hell I've willingly sat through some truly awful horror movies (Human Centipede, anyone?...hopefully no one).
                                Well, you've been warned. I was just giving info, not a recommendation. If you do watch it, you can pop back in and fill in the details I missed or confused. I see now (in a quick Youtube search) that Irons has a Superman tattoo in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X