This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
    Yeah, I'm just SO disappointed. Maybe if BvS ends up crappy, I'll be less disappointed, but I almost don't even want to see it in theaters if this is leading to a JL without GL. (although I'm sure I'll be less sad by the time it comes out )
    It takes a lot of the shine off BvS knowing that it will only lead to an incomplete Justice League.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day when Cyborg makes it to a JLA movie, but GL doesn't.
    I should have known better than to have even moderate optimism when a studio like Warner Bumbles is involved. I feel like Saint Walker's ring right now:

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
    FCKING P@SSYS
    They had 5 years to come up with a plan. 5 YEARS. Now they ask us to have patience? What do they think we've had up until this point?!
    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• If Green Lantern appeared in Batman v. Superman it would probably be shoe horned in and probably come off really bad since they'll be spending time on introducing Batman and Wonder Woman, with cameos by other JL members.

I don't expect to see a full on Cyborg in BvS, but perhaps the high school football player Victor Stone.

It took about 7 years for Deadpool to get some redemption after X-Men Origins: Wolverine, so I could a few years to have a really badass Green Lantern Corp film.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• By the time the stink wears off the corpse of the 2011 GL movie, the super hero movie bubble will have burst. I'll be shocked if WB actually ends up making another GL film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post

It took about 7 years for Deadpool to get some redemption after X-Men Origins: Wolverine, so I could a few years to have a really badass Green Lantern Corp film.
          That's a good point, but Fantastic Four is probably the better comparison. The 2nd FF movie was out in 2007, and it took them another seven years to get another made. And that didn't have nearly the cache and money spent that GL did. I think Warners is making the right decision with a 2020 movie. Green Lantern is a huge concept, it might not make for a good movie to introduce all that AND still tell another 6 character arc action movie (not to mention the villains).

Comment

• ‘Justice League’: Chris Terrio Might Not Return to Write ‘Part Two’

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              By the time the stink wears off the corpse of the 2011 GL movie, the super hero movie bubble will have burst. I'll be shocked if WB actually ends up making another GL film.
              I don't know if it will or not, but it makes me nervous that the GLC film is slated for a time after the JL films and after the Avengers, with Spidey in tow, will have confronted the Big Bad with his shiny glove. Will GenPop still have a thirst for CBMs after all of that? It's difficult to say.
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                Will GenPop still have a thirst for CBMs after all of that? It's difficult to say.
                This right here. I don't think they will. This was never going to last forever, and I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. But superhero movie fatigue WILL set in sooner or later. The question is, will it set in before WB goes back to the well with Green Lantern? I find it telling that GL is the furthest out, and isn't yet part of anything in their universe building.

Comment

• it all depends on how the movies are structured. That's why the cap movies try to bring on other genres to supplement that its a cbm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    it all depends on how the movies are structured. That's why the cap movies try to bring on other genres to supplement that its a cbm.
                    That's a smart move on Disney's part. Cap 2 is like superheroes mixed with a spy movie and that worked out fantastically well. GoTG has the space genre covered. Ant Man is more comedy.

But it IS going to end.

Comment

• yeah, theres no doubt of that, but if the companies manage to keep them somewhat fresh and not just keep going the "dark n grimy" route. they've said jl is gonna be lighter than bvs .

Comment

• Well, I think the extreme popularity bubble will burst as far as having multiple comic movies a year (these things always ebb and flow), but it's an established subgenre now and I don't think it will completely die out any more than westerns or slashers "completely" died out. Pretty much since the first Superman movie we haven't gone more than about five years without a superhero flick.

Comment

• Four years...About 4 or 5 movies a year. That's a lot of movies until we get til GLC. That bubble might well indeed burst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                            This right here. I don't think they will. This was never going to last forever, and I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. But superhero movie fatigue WILL set in sooner or later. The question is, will it set in before WB goes back to the well with Green Lantern? I find it telling that GL is the furthest out, and isn't yet part of anything in their universe building.
                            I find it completely inexcusable that Hal, at least, isn't part of the Arrow/Flash universes now. There's no reason not to use GLs with all of the crazy concepts on those shows.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Well, I think the extreme popularity bubble will burst as far as having multiple comic movies a year (these things always ebb and flow), but it's an established subgenre now and I don't think it will completely die out any more than westerns or slashers "completely" died out. Pretty much since the first Superman movie we haven't gone more than about five years without a superhero flick.
                            Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            Four years...About 4 or 5 movies a year. That's a lot of movies until we get til GLC. That bubble might well indeed burst.
                            I agree that it won't completely vanish, but I just can't imagine casual moviegoers digesting two large cinematic universes for years to come like they've eaten up the MCU so far. Plus we have the CW and Netflix shows satiating people's desire for certain heroes. Fatigue might come later than sooner, but it has to set in eventually.
                            Big Blue Lantern
                            Corps Honor Guard
                            Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 03-14-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Hal is technically apart of the television universe. We've had at least 3 references that point to that.

Comment

• Do cameos or name drops count as being part of the universe though? If so wouldn't that also make Bruce Wayne part of the TV Universe since he and Wayne Tech have been referenced?
                                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X