This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EmeraldGamer View Post
    Question: Will WB eventually say they will or will not do a GL sequel? Or...if they don't will they just not say a word and let it fade away?
    Who do you think will be able to answer that question? Certainly no one here

Comment

• What you don't know is that I'm really Alan Horn.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
        Who do you think will be able to answer that question? Certainly no one here
        Eh..it was more of a question for people's opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
          Haven't we been through this? Ghost Rider was profitable.

Ghost Rider: Worldwide Gross: $228,738,393 | Total Budget: $163,000,000 (+ 65.7M)
          Green Lantern: Worldwide Gross: $221,901,172 | Total Budget: $275,000,000 (- $53M)

See how it works? a (-) is bad and a (+) is good. Companies like positive signs.
          grrrr just so you know your so called "facts" s@cks

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• It's counting advertising, which I already posted a couple sources on here mentioning how that (along with distribution) is not traditionally part of Hollywood accounting. Those are supposed to be considered standard overhead. Now, it may be that when a movie doesn't do well somebody grabs that number and ads it so they can say "see, it didn't make any money?" But as I posted, even many successes fail by that accounting. For one, it's usually not released officially by the studio. Secondly, it's hard to estimate all the things that go into it.
            For example, Ghost Rider's official budget was $110,000,000.

Comment

• So ghost rider made even more money, and gl barely made any.

the point still stands as to why Ghost Rider got a sequel.

Comment

• Please people stay on topic. GL Movie News discussion.

Comment

• I thought we were on topic.

Why underperforming movies are still able to get a sequel, which directly relates to GL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    So ghost rider made even more money, and gl barely made any. the point still stands as to why Ghost Rider got a sequel.
                    I'll go with that. I never met (either time) to argue that GL was a successful, profitable film.

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    I thought we were on topic...Why underperforming movies are still able to get a sequel, which directly relates to GL.
                    I thought so too.

Comment

• No matter how you say it, GL was a failure.

Comment

• There's a numbers thread that would be a more suitable place. Or create a new thread, either way, you're not discussing news.

Comment

• I'm willing to bet that 75% of the posts in this thread arent discussing "news" and if thats the case then this thread might as well be closed and open a GL 2 speculation/news thread so that if some news ever does come out then theres a home for it.

Comment

• Well, if you can prove that 75% of the posts here are not about news(and I suspect they aren't seeing as this was not originally a news thread and because this is far from the first time we've gone off topic), then you win.

This isn't an argument. This is not a debate. Its not that serious. Just post elsewhere.

Comment

• We should start a sequel speculation thread.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                                So ghost rider made even more money, and gl barely made any.

the point still stands as to why Ghost Rider got a sequel.
                                First of all I LOVED ghost rider: spirit of vengence. One of my favourate films ever. As for green lantern, I would'nt say it was a failure (I quite liked it, but not too much) but what I will say is that I think if they're making GL2, I say we change the director (maybe to the guy who directed spawn or the crow and yeah if you did'nt allready know, they made a spawn movie in 1997 and it's prety kick-ass) and we dump the whole CGI costume thing, and just make it out of rubber or something (no, I don't mean like with the early batman movies).
                                Originally posted by IonFan
                                (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                                Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                                Originally posted by Quaker
                                I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Working...
                                X