This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
    Ha hah ha! So Keanu Reeves could have play Hal?
    Oh man the horror.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• I've gotten to thinking once Nolan leaves making comic-book movies, they are all going to stink (batman included).

Comment

• Went to see Transformers 3 and the multiplex where I went already sported Green Lantern advertisement panels mixed to next week's panels, even if GL is coming out on 31 of August here in Italy.
        Seems WB is willing to promote it strongly here.

Also, while entering the room, I heard a group of boys commenting "Cool! I want to come see Green Lantern for sure!"

Well... not that much as an info, but hey, there is still a whole market overseas, let's not forget it!

Comment

• Saw this on Monday.

Thought it was terrible.

Majorly disappointed.
          - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
            I've gotten to thinking once Nolan leaves making comic-book movies, they are all going to stink (batman included).
            why does everyone think nolan is the only guy who can do comic films?

just because he was awsome with batman dosent mean he can pull off the same reaction from fans with a charachter like green lantern.

look at brian synger.... he directed 2 xmen films wich were great but he did superman and it sucked big time.

hell i love steven spielberg but i hated his version of war of the worlds.

just because a director can be a big name dosent mean he or she cant have a bad movie
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post

just because he was awsome with batman dosent mean he can pull off the same reaction from fans with a charachter like green lantern.

look at brian synger.... he directed 2 xmen films wich were great but he did superman and it sucked big time.

just because a director can be a big name dosent mean he or she cant have a bad movie
              QFT

Comment

I'm talking about DC films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                  I'm talking about DC films.
                  still and i stand by what i just said wich was you cant always predict a film to always succeed based on how big and well known the director is.

and again nolan has stated before he only does films that stick to what he likes to call reality.

just because hes over seeing the new superman flick dosent me ill just go and see it.

i said it twice before and ill state it again get duncan jones to direct the next gl film and dont focus heavily on the cgi

i pick him because he knows how to write things that are in the realm of scifi.

Comment

• I'll second the "not everything Nolan shits out is golden" motion. Does he make great movies? Yes. Did he make two great Batman movies? Yes. Does that make him the ultimate authority on DC movies? Not even close.

Comment

• Yet the only actually well received DC films of the decade were the two batman films. Superman returns had good reviews but mixed audience reception. Watchmen had decent reviews but mixed audience reception. Don't even get me started on Jonah Hex, and Green Lantern is the same. Maybe I wouldn't feel abliged to have Nolan do every DC superhero film if Warner Brothers actually give respect to there directors rather than going behind there backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                        I'll second the "not everything Nolan shits out is golden" motion. Does he make great movies? Yes. Did he make two great Batman movies? Yes. Does that make him the ultimate authority on DC movies? Not even close.
                        not just nolan IJ im talking all big name directors.

me personally i love campbell but he himself has his hits and misses.

same with spielberg and lucas.

the issue with hollywood is they try and find directors who are already a house hold name.

same with movie actors how many films do we need to see with dicaprio and matt damon?

i think hollywood needs to start looking for some unknown young new directors and i think alot of those people can be found on this message board alone when it comes to comic films.

Comment

not just nolan IJ im talking all big name directors.

me personally i love campbell but he himself has his hits and misses.

same with spielberg and lucas.

the issue with hollywood is they try and find directors who are already a house hold name.

same with movie actors how many films do we need to see with dicaprio and matt damon?

i think hollywood needs to start looking for some unknown young new directors and i think alot of those people can be found on this message board alone when it comes to comic films.
                          Money is the main reason for this dude. If you know Leo will definitely bring in a certain amount of money because people will always go see what he is in they will take that over the unknown or lesser known actor. No one will turn away guaranteed money. Certain actors fit that bill. Hell even I fall into that category of seeing stuff because of certain people involved in the project. Take Sam Jackson for example. If he is in a film it is almost guaranteed that I will go see it.

It's a shitty thing to do but let's always remind ourselves at the end of the day it's all about the green and I don't mean lantern.
                          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Nolan has proved to WB time and time again that he's a go to guy. They should ride the wave as long as then can. He's a hot director that keeps cranking out the hits.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Time and Time again? It's only been two movies.

People really need to stop looking at Nolan and TDK like they are God's gift to cinema.
                              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Yes but those two movies have had little to no studio interference (unlike this film).

Comment

Working...
                                X