This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
    Going to leave in 10 minutes to get dinner, and then be at the movie theater an hour early for the movie. Do you think an hour is enough time, to get a good seat and all?
    It's not a midnight show, so I'd say, yeah, very likely

Comment

• Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
      Going to leave in 10 minutes to get dinner, and then be at the movie theater an hour early for the movie. Do you think an hour is enough time, to get a good seat and all?
      What is your prior experience in your area? In my area, that would be insanely early for pretty much anything except a special showing like midnight (which I never do). Otherwise, you can usually stroll in shortly before the movie. I've never had to wait in line here to get IN to a theater.

But I know that isn't the experience in other places...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        What is your prior experience in your area? In my area, that would be insanely early for pretty much anything except a special showing like midnight (which I never do). Otherwise, you can usually stroll in shortly before the movie. I've never had to wait in line here to get IN to a theater.

But I know that isn't the experience in other places...

Well, I usually go to movies a week after they open, so I don't know what the theater is like opening day.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerzeyJ View Post
          Well, here we go...off to the movie. 8:30 start on opening night, should be packed. I am a life long GL fan and how long have we been waiting for this moment? 2+ years? And nobody will wear a cooler shirt than me tonight!!! My 8 yr old daughter made me a custom GL shirt with green glitter spray paint!!! Who can top that!
          What a nice Father's Day present! Enjoy the show!

Comment

• leaving in 20 minutes for this movie!! Been a fan of GL since i was 8 years old...which would be 1978. I AM SO PUMPED!!!!!

Comment

• saw it at a preview. look for a captain america shiel spoof on oa

Comment

• Good news everyone, Deadline is reporting Green Lantern took in $24M today and is headed for a $60M+ weekend. Take that critics!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/gree...35m-midnights/

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                  Good news everyone, Deadline is reporting Green Lantern took in $24M today and is headed for a $60M+ weekend. Take that critics!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/gree...35m-midnights/
                  WOOT!!! GL2! PLEAZE!

matter o fact they should make a GL Corps movie

Comment

• Originally posted by Ape One View Post
                    WOOT!!! GL2! PLEAZE!

matter o fact they should make a GL Corps movie
                    what they should do is focus on hal being reconized for his heroics and incorporate the secret suprise scene regarding you know who and develop a rival story and end it with a fantastic fight between the two.

all i ask is keep the story as one single story and please do NOT make the same mistake like they did with this first film.

i also ask that sinestro gets alot of screentime because man when he was training hal and gave his youll never be abin sur comment i was basicly begging for those 2 to really throw down
                    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• maybe its just me but if you guys are true lantern fans you'll notice something odd...according to the storyline..the yellow ring of fear was not forged by the guardians as the movie suggests but by weaponers of quard....made to for sinestro to gain revenge for for being banished...WHAT GIVES!..if my info is wrong please correct me and forgive my ignorance with fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emerald Soul View Post
                        maybe its just me but if you guys are true lantern fans you'll notice something odd...according to the storyline..the yellow ring of fear was not forged by the guardians as the movie suggests but by weaponers of quard....made to for sinestro to gain revenge for for being banished...WHAT GIVES!..if my info is wrong please correct me and forgive my ignorance with fact.
                        we all know that and honestly i thought the way they did it in the film was cool because lets be real the guardians are indeed pricks...

just call it a charachter builder

Comment

• told you guys to stop worrying.... that article also says it was made at a little aafter 5 can you imagine how much more it will rake before the day is through

Comment

• Originally posted by havik View Post
                            told you guys to stop worrying.... that article also says it was made at a little aafter 5 can you imagine how much more it will rake before the day is through
                            to a degree i do agree with some of the reviews regarding the editing of the scenes in the middle of the film.

its still fun and i still think a 6.5 or a 7 is the best i can rank it

Comment

• i haven't seen it yet but i agree that it must be wrong... just saying obviously enough people aren't letting the bad reviews hamper them seeing it... i think a 6.5 or 7 still wipes the floor with some cbm's

Comment

• Originally posted by havik View Post
                                i haven't seen it yet but i agree that it must be wrong... just saying obviously enough people aren't letting the bad reviews hamper them seeing it... i think a 6.5 or 7 still wipes the floor with some cbm's
                                i still think alot of the mixed feelings i have still is because to an extent the writters tried to take alot of diffrent source material and tried to mold it into a epic 1 hour 45 minute film.

im not saying its horrible but the editing made it not fit during the middle of the film.

alot of people said they hated the first parts but i thought that was very well put together.

i understand the writters tried to give us alot but hopefully next film they stick to a story that dosent seem mixed up

Comment

Working...
                                X