Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made the mistake of actually wanting to see what everyone else thought yesterday. I should have known that there would be a lot of haters. I guess everyone's got an asshole, I mean an opinon. Some just stink way worse than others. I'm seeing it tonight at citywalk hollywood. I'll be wearing all green with my rings on the lookout for other GL corps members. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm gonna love this $300 million effort that Warner/DC has given us! We just need the numbers for a sequel. Lets all make these months on theaters count!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyver Lantern View Post
      They didn't use the kissing recharge scene. Cheer up!
      Yay! I still can't believe anybody wrote that into a draft script in the first place.

I won't be seeing it until next weekend, but I'm looking forward to it. My local paper even had a good review, surprisingly. Gave it a B-, but the review sounded even a bit more positive than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
        At my second showing and the theater is filling up, for a 10:30 am showing I am surprised. A lot of kids but many adults too.
        You are a fucking rock star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
          They may have not had enough finished footage, filmed enough footage or the script length kind of dictated that rough time frame.
          Then I would have liked the release day pushed back in order to finish any footage that could be out there. It would have helped the pacing and editing too.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• with the early bad buzz about the unfinished trailer, then the extra money spent to finish effects and stuff, if they would have pushed the date back it would have spelled doom even worse than the bad reviews may.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              with the early bad buzz about the unfinished trailer, then the extra money spent to finish effects and stuff, if they would have pushed the date back it would have spelled doom even worse than the bad reviews may.
              Yeah I hear you, well if there is any finished footage that they cut out they would be wise to put it back in for the home release. It needs to be in the form of an extended cut and not just deleted scenes. On that note, I'm seeing it again in the morning.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• if they do stick it in the movie it will probabyl be unfinished still, i doubt they would finish them just for an alternate cut of the movie.

Comment

• Will have my full review up later, for now "Solid 4 of 5 stars, starts a little slow but picks up the pace and finishes solid."

Comment

• Less than 11 hours away until I see the movie!!!

Comment

• GREEN LANTERN Makes $3.35M in Midnight Showings

WarnerBros. is very pleased with DC ENTERTAINMENT's GREEN LANTERN 3D opening of $3.35 showings from 1,810 venues, which bettered Marvel/Paramount's THOR midnights($3.2M from 1800 locations) and were on a par with Xmen First Class prequel midnights ($3.3M from 1783 theaters). "It's an excellent result setting up for a strong Fathers Day weekend at the box office," a Warners exec emailed this morning.

Today, GREEN LANTERN starring Ryan Reynolds opens in a wide but by no means record setting release into 3,816 theaters, of which 2,711 will be in 3D. There'll be a total of over 7,100 prints working. Hollywood is estimating North American box office for Green Lantern's weekend opening in the mid-$50M range with the upside as much as $65M-$70M. Sunday's Father's Day should be a strong day for the comic book movie judging
                      via Deadline
                      W.West
                      Last edited by W.West; 06-17-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Good News!

From Deadline.com:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/gree...35m-midnights/

"'Green Lantern' Opens To $3.35M Midnights
                        By NIKKI FINKE | Friday June 17, 2011 @ 7:10am PDT

FRIDAY 7 AM: Warner Bros is very pleased with DC Entertainment's Green Lantern 3D opening of $3.35M midnight showings from 1,810 venues, which bettered Marvel/Paramount's Thor midnights ($3.2M from 1,800 locations) and were on a par with Marvel/Fox's X-Men: First Class prequel midnights ($3.3M from 1,783 theaters)."

It should be noted that after the midnight results Thor was expected to make $70+ mil for the weekend ($65.7 mil actual) and X-Men $60+ mil ($55 mil actual). They're estimating mid-$50 mil range for GL.

But there are two factors that might make it higher:

1) Thor had 3.955 locations (2,737 3D), while X-Men had 3,641 and no 3D. GL has 3,816 locations with 2,711 3D, so a little lower than Thor, but higher than X-Men.

2) Kids. Not a lot of 6-12 yr-old go to midnight showings, and I'm betting that this crowd will like GL better than Thor or X-Men (or Mr. Popper's Penguins).

So I'm thinking it will break $60 mil, but I think there's a chance it breaks $70 mil. Fingers crossed.

Numbers to look out for:

Thor:
                        Friday - $25.5 mil
                        Saturday - $23.3 mil
                        Sunday - $16.9 mil

Total: $65.7 mil

X-Men First Class:
                        Friday - $21.4 mil
                        Saturday - $19.7 mil
                        Sunday - $13.9 mil

Total: $55.1 mil

Comment

• Green Lantern's competition at the box office this week is Mr. Popper's Penguins, GL will definitely be #1.

Comment

• Whenever I see a GL movie commercial, I stand perfectly still, not blinking, and my jaw starts to drop, I hope I don't do that at the movie, and everyone thinks I am crazy.

Comment

• It's not crazyness... in fact it is called contemplation. Let yourself do it and enjoy the movie

Comment

• I see enough of Blake Lively when my girlfriend makes me watch Gossip girl.
                                Sinestro parts made me jiz my pants.

I love hearing people try to explain to there friends in the theater about green lantern.
                                " Yeah there is green yellow. etc and green in will yellow is fear" lol

Comment

Working...
                                X