X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Ebert liked it more than Thor.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/110619994
    Back away, I will deal with this jedi scum myself.
    you fool! I have being trained in your jedi arts by count dooku!

Comment

• Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
      To anyone who has seen the movie yet, I have 2 questions:

1) Better or worse than Green Lantern First Flight?

2) Where there any cameos of future human GLs?
      1. Like 54 said, different animals. It's a momentous feeling seeing a DCU stalwart who isn't one of the World's Finest with live actors, and seeing the constructs materialize as they do. I will say that the soundtrack of FF still rules the roost.

2. Not that I noticed. There was a little article on a guy playing John Stewart... so maybe something extra on home release hopefully.

Comment

• Great reviews, guys. Even the Black Lantern Superman one. We need all kind of reactions.
        http://observarecriticar.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Here are my grades as promised. As a Green Lantern fan I'll give it a 3/5 and as a general movie fan and factoring in the awful editing, pacing, and score I'd give it a 1.5/5. This could benefit greatly from an extended cut. I'll let everyone know later which scenes pissed me off. But now on to work after only 3 hours of sleep, AWESOME!

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Behold...my review! http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...-movie-review/

(Apologies for kinda spamming with this link, but I know quite a few people wanted to read it.)
            SD80MAC
            Not a True Fan
            Last edited by SD80MAC; 06-17-2011, 12:47 PM.
            The last fan of 1990s comics
            Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• The one thing I want to know, going in, is did they get rid of the STUPID, STUPID scene from the draft script where Carol charges up Hal's ring by kissing him? Because if they didn't, that's going to ruin a big chunk of my enjoyment right there.

Comment

• They didn't use the kissing recharge scene. Cheer up! The final battle is far more better than it in the first draft.

But what I feel sad is, the friendship between Hal and Sinestro in the first draft got cut, too.

Comment

• RR was @ MCAS Miramar yesterday premiering the move for the military.

Comment

• Muppets parody green lantern....

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/06/m...lantern-is.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Glomulus Wants View Post

Comment

• SPOILERS ahead

The movie suffers from the old tell tale problem; trying to fit to much into one movie. back story is important and all but I think they spent to much time on earth, I think many of the earth scenes could ave been shortened.
                        it took him a while to get the ring. they just should have shortened a bunch of the drama scenes by 6 or 7 minutes and extended Kilowog training.
                        I can deal with all the little changes that movies so love to do, that was fine. Keep in mind , that this movie was a "bad" movie, it just wasnt great.

what made the movie, was the fans! so many went dressed up, I was the only orange lantern there (AS IT SHOULD BE!)

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                          Behold...my review! http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...-movie-review/

(Apologies for kinda spamming with this link, but I know quite a few people wanted to read it.)
                          Though I liked it more than you I think I agree with your review 100%...nice work!

Green since 1974!

Comment

• What pissed me off the most is why did they make a movie under two hours when the movie needed to be well over that. Shit, give us 2 hours on the button. They could have explained a lot in 6 minutes.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• At my second showing and the theater is filling up, for a 10:30 am showing I am surprised. A lot of kids but many adults too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                                What pissed me off the most is why did they make a movie under two hours when the movie needed to be well over that. Shit, give us 2 hours on the button. They could have explained a lot in 6 minutes.
                                They may have not had enough finished footage, filmed enough footage or the script length kind of dictated that rough time frame.

Comment

Working...
                                X