X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    yea

i mean hey i may get shot for saying it but i liked fantastic 4 rise of the silver surfer. i think it wouldve been 1000% better if it went down a more seriouse direction but even if it was goofy it was better than that shitty wolverine movie
    THANK YOU, i to liked F4ROTSS

but i disagree with you on Wolverine

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• So I was reading some comments on cbm.com about the latest tv spot and a couple guys mentioned seeing a new tv spot while watching the nba finals tonight which had critic comments during it. Did anyone here see that?

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Muthasucka View Post
        New spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSSEokOYckE

Good one. A little spoilery. Makes it look really fun.
        CAAAAANT WAAAAAAIT!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
          So I was reading some comments on cbm.com about the latest tv spot and a couple guys mentioned seeing a new tv spot while watching the nba finals tonight which had critic comments during it. Did anyone here see that?

I saw it, some new clips and the reviews were compelling.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• If you can remember, what did the reviews from the new tv spot sound like?

Comment

• It wasn't an audio thing they were graphic overlays into the scenes

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• LMAO

"Ring......Finger.......get ready to have your mind blown"

is it the 17th yet??

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                  It wasn't an audio thing they were graphic overlays into the scenes
                  I need to see this now.
                  Back away, I will deal with this jedi scum myself.
                  you fool! I have being trained in your jedi arts by count dooku!

Comment

• Nice. Just in time for movie.

http://utdailybeacon.com/entertainme...antern-ethics/

Comment

• Just got a phone call.

Going to the Irish Premier of Green Lantern on Wednesday 15th of June.

Comment

• Originally posted by General grievous View Post
                        Just got a phone call.

Going to the Irish Premier of Green Lantern on Wednesday 15th of June.
                        Awesome man, we can't wait to hear your review. So far you're seeing the earliest.
                        Lantern54
                        Corps Honor Guard
                        Last edited by Lantern54; 06-10-2011, 11:57 AM.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• NO GL IMAX???!!!???? could it be???

Ok, I'm posting this in a new thread also, but I wanted to get a little more people seeing it to get more input. I spoke with Universal Citywalk Hollywood AMC IMAX theater today and they said that Green Lantern will not be on IMAX. I also spoke with the person in charge of IMAX at the Ontario Edwards IMAX and she said that as of now, the theater has no plans to release GL on IMAX....BUT she also said that sometimes the studios spring the IMAX version of the movie on them VERY last minute, like a day or two before release. Unfortunately, unless Warner comes through sometime this week, It looks like Super 8 will be the IMAX movie playing everywhere for a while, which means GL may not even get the IMAX treatment. At least not in Southern California.

Does anyone else have any further info on this from other parts of the country or other reliable sources? I mean they put Fast Five, Pirates 4, Thor, and Super 8 on IMAX, so leaving GL out seems like blasphemy. I don't even care if it's in one of those slightly bigger than normal "fake IMAX" theaters, and not the real deal (6 stories high)...I just want my GL in IMAX dammitt!!!

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by haljordan2814 View Post
                            Ok, I'm posting this in a new thread also, but I wanted to get a little more people seeing it to get more input. I spoke with Universal Citywalk Hollywood AMC IMAX theater today and they said that Green Lantern will not be on IMAX. I also spoke with the person in charge of IMAX at the Ontario Edwards IMAX and she said that as of now, the theater has no plans to release GL on IMAX....BUT she also said that sometimes the studios spring the IMAX version of the movie on them VERY last minute, like a day or two before release. Unfortunately, unless Warner comes through sometime this week, It looks like Super 8 will be the IMAX movie playing everywhere for a while, which means GL may not even get the IMAX treatment. At least not in Southern California.

Does anyone else have any further info on this from other parts of the country or other reliable sources? I mean they put Fast Five, Pirates 4, Thor, and Super 8 on IMAX, so leaving GL out seems like blasphemy. I don't even care if it's in one of those slightly bigger than normal "fake IMAX" theaters, and not the real deal (6 stories high)...I just want my GL in IMAX dammitt!!!

We have no reason to expect it in Imax, there's been zero advertising so far for Imax, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by haljordan2814 View Post

just FYI, here is the 2011 the IMAX Experience schedule:

01.14.2011 The Green Hornet: An IMAX 3D Experience
                              02.04.2011 Sanctum: An IMAX 3D Experience
                              02.18.2011 I Am Number Four: The IMAX Experience
                              03.11.2011 Mars Needs Moms An IMAX 3D Experience
                              03.25.2011 Sucker Punch: The IMAX Experience
                              04.08.2011 Born to be Wild 3D
                              04.29.2011 Fast Five: The IMAX Experience
                              05.06.2011 Thor: An IMAX 3D Experience
                              05.20.2011 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides An IMAX 3D Experience
                              05.26.2011 Kung Fu Panda 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
                              06.10.2011 Super 8: The IMAX Experience
                              06.24.2011 Cars 2 An IMAX 3D Experience
                              06.29.2011 Transformers: Dark of the Moon: An IMAX 3D Experience
                              07.15.2011 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
                              10.07.2011 Real Steel: The IMAX Experience
                              11.04.2011 Puss in Boots: An IMAX 3D Experience
                              11.18.2011 Happy Feet 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
                              12.16.2011 Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol: The IMAX Experience
                              12.28.2011 The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn: An IMAX 3D Experience

http://www.imax.com/movies/?view=list#all
                              mars396
                              Major Force's Dinner Date
                              Last edited by mars396; 06-10-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• New tracking numbers for Green Lantern:

GL's numbers from last week (6/2):

Total Awareness: 87
                                Definite Interest: 43
                                First Choice: 8

GL's numbers from this week (6/9):

Total Awareness: 88
                                Definite Interest: 46
                                First Choice: 12

For comparison, Thor's #'s 2 weekends out (4/29) were:

Total Awareness: 80
                                Definite Interest: 48
                                First Choice: 15

And X-Men's numbers for its week of release (6/2):

Total Awareness: 88
                                Definite Interest: 48
                                First Choice: 16

It should, however, be noted that "first choice" is not what your first choice will be among all the movies at the theater when the movie comes out. It is first choice among the movies listed in the tracking poll, which are the movies that are being released in the next 3 weeks. So while X-Men came off the sheet for these numbers, Transformers was added (since its release was moved up to Wednesday), so that's gonna skew those first choice numbers for GL obviously. It seems like a pretty stupid thing to track, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X