This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now if it looked something like this:

I think I could probably live with that, but I really hope it's the classic design.

Comment

• Thanks for the info Cyber Bishop.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba, Stellan Skarsgard, Ray Stevenson, and Adriana Barraza. Are you kidding me?? If Hemsworth has a quarter of talent in him this is will be amazing. Your bias is ridiculous. The THOR cast is far superior to Green Lantern. Thus the fans of the character are probably a lot less worried than any of us.
        well here is another one of your posts were you come off as a total ASS. Good job at that. As I said if THOR has an advantage the cast isn't it. I'm not saying THOR doesn't have a great cast because it does. I'm not saying THOR doesn't have a better cast because that can be questioned. I can name pure crap that each of the actors you just named did. Guessing by my name you can tell I'm a Star Wars fan and if you are as well you will know of the bitching Natalie caused in E1-3. And lay off the shit "Lucas was directing" because Harrison, Mark and Carrie all did great jobs the first time around.

Now if your going to be an ass about my statement here is a great chance. The advantage THOR has is Marvel has a clear vision of their CU and is making that work. Right now GL could become part of something bigger or just stand alone. Regardless if this is the FIRST of a series of DC wanting to get it "right" with the fans (not counting Batman because Nolan said time and again he wants HIS Batman to stand alone) then the are behind the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
          It won't be Parallax, it'll be Legion. Making it Parallax would be way too far from cannon.

Also yeah, I'm not sure about the whole "old railroad lantern" thing, they've always had a very specific design in the comics, why change it?

And the grey streaks, yeah, I was really hoping that was one thing from the first draft that they would ditch... that was from one of the shittier parts of Hal's run, why remind us of that :\ Hal has had brown hair without streaks for the majority of his time in the comics. Bleh.
          I am telling you what I was told from someone that is currently working on the movie and has a shit ton of photos on his camera phone.
          When he mentioned a big yellow blob I said Parallax and he said "that is it"

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
          They do know that he's not in town anymore? He was only there for a week.

He also has brought us some of the best scoops yet about the costume and the effects.
          I don't know if they know or not, but it does not matter, he pissed off enough people.
          Cyber Bishop
          Fatality's Blacksmith
          Last edited by Cyber Bishop; 04-25-2010, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Echo7Solo View Post
            well here is another one of your posts were you come off as a total ASS. Good job at that. As I said if THOR has an advantage the cast isn't it. I'm not saying THOR doesn't have a great cast because it does. I'm not saying THOR doesn't have a better cast because that can be questioned. I can name pure crap that each of the actors you just named did. Guessing by my name you can tell I'm a Star Wars fan and if you are as well you will know of the bitching Natalie caused in E1-3. And lay off the shit "Lucas was directing" because Harrison, Mark and Carrie all did great jobs the first time around.

Now if your going to be an ass about my statement here is a great chance. The advantage THOR has is Marvel has a clear vision of their CU and is making that work. Right now GL could become part of something bigger or just stand alone. Regardless if this is the FIRST of a series of DC wanting to get it "right" with the fans (not counting Batman because Nolan said time and again he wants HIS Batman to stand alone) then the are behind the ball.
            First off, I stand by my point that your post was simply wrong. No one is perfect, sure. But that doesn't mean that this great cast is not an advantage. BECAUSE IT IS. Simply put. Marvel Studios seems to have an idea of what kind of movies they want to make, but guess what? That's irrelevant to the point. If you honestly think that Marvel Studios is the sole reason why THOR could be better than Green Lantern then you know absolutely nothing about TALENT. If backing up my opinion makes me an ass, then so be it. Have a nice day.

Comment

• for those who wanna talk about thor

here ya go, enjoy http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=13257

now lets get back to the gl movie
              HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

• I can't wait for Idris Elba in THOR!

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                  I don't like Hal getting the gray stripes in his hair - that was one niggle I had with the first draft that I hoped would be removed - but it's a small nitpick. In general, all that stuff sounds good.
                  I haven't read any drafts, or hung around this thread much, so forgive me if I sound ignorant to the whole gray hair situation.

I assume the purpose of the hair appearing in the movie would be the same reason it appeared in the comic books.

Now if this is the case and the forces behind the GL movie(s) decide to run with the whole Parallax plot, I think the gray hair would look great.

As a plot device it would be fantastic. Ryan Reynolds is way too young to appear on screen with gray hair. I imagine that it would comes across as strange looking, or awkward. The gray hair in the comics was designed to appear as fitting. It kinda suited the design Hal had at the time. Because of this I never fully bought into the gray hair retcon. I just figured that DC wanted to make the character younger to help regain a greater audience. In the movie, a young Hal with gray hair would make the retcon more plausible. It would appear as a symptom of Parallax. The audience will understand that something is afoot. Something readers at the time of Emerald Twilight had no way of knowing.

or it might just look silly.
                  "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

• Really looking forward to this movie. Hope they don't mess it up.
                    In blackest day or brightest night,
                    ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                    Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                    With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      First off, I stand by my point that your post was simply wrong. No one is perfect, sure. But that doesn't mean that this great cast is not an advantage. BECAUSE IT IS. Simply put. Marvel Studios seems to have an idea of what kind of movies they want to make, but guess what? That's irrelevant to the point. If you honestly think that Marvel Studios is the sole reason why THOR could be better than Green Lantern then you know absolutely nothing about TALENT. If backing up my opinion makes me an ass, then so be it. Have a nice day.

Never said that was the "sole reason" why Thor could be better. If you think casting is the "sole reason Thor could be better then it is you who is dead wrong. There are a lot of things that could change but cast is not everything. How about a pop quiz?

Rene Russo
                      Jason Alexander
                      Randy Quaid
                      Janeane Garofalo
                      Carl Reiner
                      Jonathan Winters
                      John Goodman
                      Billy Crystal
                      Whoopi Goldberg
                      Jennifer Austin
                      Robert De Niro

what do all of these award winning and nominated actors have in common?

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle

a talented cast does not make a good movie alone. It takes a director who understands the subject of the film, a clear vision from the producers and writers as well as a good crew. Now I never said Thor had a bad cast. I've also never said it has a better cast than GL just as I didn't say it was worse. I still stand by the fact that if THOR has an advantage over GL it is not the cast. Oh and BTW, just because an actor has a lot of talent doesn't make them right for the role. Do I need to start dropping examples of people who seemed to be spot on casting on paper but turned to crap on film?
                      Echo7Solo
                      Star Sapphire's Love Slave
                      Last edited by Echo7Solo; 04-25-2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Never said that was the "sole reason" why Thor could be better. If you think casting is the "sole reason Thor could be better then it is you who is dead wrong. There are a lot of things that could change but cast is not everything. How about a pop quiz?

Rene Russo
                        Jason Alexander
                        Randy Quaid
                        Janeane Garofalo
                        Carl Reiner
                        Jonathan Winters
                        John Goodman
                        Billy Crystal
                        Whoopi Goldberg
                        Jennifer Austin
                        Robert De Niro

a talented cast does not make a good movie alone. It takes a director who understands the subject of the film, a clear vision from the producers and writers as well as a good crew. Now I never said Thor had a bad cast. I've also never said it has a better cast than GL just as I didn't say it was worse. I still stand by the fact that if THOR has an advantage over GL it is not the cast. Oh and BTW, just because an actor has a lot of talent doesn't make them right for the role. Do I need to start dropping examples of people who seemed to be spot on casting on paper but turned to crap on film?
                        hows about you p/m him and debate it back and forth? or take it to the thor topic in the general forum
                        HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Rene Russo
                          Jason Alexander
                          Randy Quaid
                          Janeane Garofalo
                          Carl Reiner
                          Jonathan Winters
                          John Goodman
                          Billy Crystal
                          Whoopi Goldberg
                          Jennifer Austin
                          Robert De Niro

You're still missing the point. That talented cast may suck, but its still an advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                            It won't be Parallax, it'll be Legion. Making it Parallax would be way too far from cannon.

Also yeah, I'm not sure about the whole "old railroad lantern" thing, they've always had a very specific design in the comics, why change it?

And the grey streaks, yeah, I was really hoping that was one thing from the first draft that they would ditch... that was from one of the shittier parts of Hal's run, why remind us of that :\ Hal has had brown hair without streaks for the majority of his time in the comics. Bleh.
                            rather see legion than parallax

Comment

• Well going by the first draft of the script that I have read. They are combining Legion and Parallax into the same character who will be called Legion.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                                Well going by the first draft of the script that I have read. They are combining Legion and Parallax into the same character who will be called Legion.

Darth_Andrea
                                But really, what makes you think that stuck through the rewrites? Parallax is a viable character and the studio will want to use it in a sequel if theyre smart.

Comment

Working...
                                X