Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's the facebook count? This is very important info. I don't know why.
    Back away, I will deal with this jedi scum myself.
    you fool! I have being trained in your jedi arts by count dooku!

Comment

• Originally posted by General grievous View Post
      How's the facebook count? This is very important info. I don't know why.
      Go check it out, do some leg work for the site.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
        Go check it out, do some leg work for the site.
        Facebook is firewalled at work. It's blocked.

Some of us have to work!
        Back away, I will deal with this jedi scum myself.
        you fool! I have being trained in your jedi arts by count dooku!

Comment

Thanks for joining me in the good fight over at box-office mojo. Most of the posters there say the movie is going to flop but they fail to give reasons why. It's borderline troll behavior.
          Yeah, no problem. They're a real bunch of douchebags over there (with a few exceptions). I got your back. And...

Facebook Update:

180,000! It is now officially ahead of where Thor was at the same point.
          Muthasucka
          Parallax Host
          Last edited by Muthasucka; 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by General grievous View Post
            Facebook is firewalled at work. It's blocked.

Some of us have to work!
            You don't think we have work too? It's called fucking multitasking, get a smart phone with internet.

Green since 1974!

Comment

You don't think we have work too? It's called fucking multitasking, get a smart phone with internet.
              +1 more

Comment

• Is it possible to have a smartphone without internet?

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  Is it possible to have a smartphone without internet?
                  yes

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                    They are advertising the Hell out of GL right now, during the NBA finals they have a GL symbol and date right on the commentators booth. I just think its all starting to pay off.
                    Yeah, I saw that. There billboards and buses will the plastered with Green Lantern movie promos.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Why should one be proud of the amount of fans that Green Lantern has on Facebook? Compared to the other movies that have fans on Facebook numbers wise, it's honestly weak.

Transformers 3 has 6+ million fans on Facebook, Pirates of the Caribbean 4 has 6+ million fans on Facebook, The Hangover 2 has 13+ million fans on Facebook. What is impressive is how many times a trailer for Green Lantern has been viewed (16+ million views), seriously, no one with a straight face can say that the amount of fans that Green Lantern has on Facebook can't be alot better.

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/...is/most_viewed

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/analysis/facebook
                      Pop_Junky
                      Kyle's Nude Model
                      Last edited by Pop_Junky; 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pop_Junky View Post
                        Why should one be proud of the amount of fans that Green Lantern has on Facebook? Compared to the other movies that have fans on Facebook numbers wise, it's honestly weak.

Transformers 3 has 6+ million fans on Facebook, Pirates of the Caribbean 4 has 6+ million fans on Facebook, The Hangover 2 has 13+ million fans on Facebook. What is impressive is how many times a trailer for Green Lantern has been viewed (16+ million views), seriously, no one with a straight face can say that the amount of fans that Green Lantern has on Facebook can't increase.

the reason could be because alot of non fans may be people who dont know who or what green lantern is.

everyone is so use to seeing batman and superman rebooted every time to where its like they go whos that when a new hero is being made into a film
                        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• i just got a subway and they said the gl movie stuff will be out when the movie comes out.

i heard its a bag

some form of braclet

and another thing wich i have no idea

Comment

• My Subways (Central NYS) all have them - different small lunch bags (they had the first two) with stuff in them. One had a booklet that you punched a piece out of the back cover to reveal things on the other pages and the other was a 3d mask with a little booklet with 3d images in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrumsey View Post
                              My Subways (Central NYS) all have them - different small lunch bags (they had the first two) with stuff in them. One had a booklet that you punched a piece out of the back cover to reveal things on the other pages and the other was a 3d mask with a little booklet with 3d images in them.
                              thats kinda cool.

anything in the booklet worth looking at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pop_Junky View Post
                                Why should one be proud of the amount of fans that Green Lantern has on Facebook? Compared to the other movies that have fans on Facebook numbers wise, it's honestly weak.

Transformers 3 has 6+ million fans on Facebook, Pirates of the Caribbean 4 has 6+ million fans on Facebook, The Hangover 2 has 13+ million fans on Facebook. What is impressive is how many times a trailer for Green Lantern has been viewed (16+ million views), seriously, no one with a straight face can say that the amount of fans that Green Lantern has on Facebook can't be alot better.

Those are all sequels - aside from the fact that they have built-in audiences and name recognition, those facebook pages have been logging fans for years and may not even accurately reflect the number of people who are excited about the movie. Pirates and Kung Fu Panda both did much weaker than expected, even though, among other metrics, their facebook fans were through the roof.

The only non-sequel I can find that's tracking higher FB-wise is Captain America, and I'm still a little stunned it has so many (348,000).

That aside, I'm not even claiming it means something. I just want some ammo to use against those who do. BoxOfficeMagazine.com is projecting a very weak performance from GL and citing among other things, its FB fans. I want to see if they change their tune after this flurry.

Comment

Working...
                                X