This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    Yeah, I guess I was exaggerating a bit. I mean of course he didn't EXPLICITLY tell people not to see it in 3D. But from where I'm sitting if the director is THAT unenthusiastic about the 3D, I'm inclined to give it a pass.
    Yeah, that's a fair enough assessment. I'm not a fan of 3D, but the completionist in me needs to see it at least once, just to say that I did

Comment

• The Trailer is pretty damn sweet in 3D, the scenes that are really impressive are when Abin is telling his ring to begin the selection process (the green orb is popping out of the screen) and when Parallax is rolling through the atmosphere. I can only imagine that 3D will enhance the experience and not hinder it at all.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Bear in mind: the movie was not filmed in 3D. So any non-CGI elements will look flat, because they were only shot from a single angle.
        The last fan of 1990s comics
        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Also bear in mind that there is an awful lot of CG in this movie...

Comment

• There was an awful lot of CG in Clash of the Titans and Tron: Legacy, as well. Both of those featured flat, 2D actors that clashed (no pun intended) with the 3D stuff around them.

Comment

• mittens.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                There was an awful lot of CG in Clash of the Titans and Tron: Legacy, as well. Both of those featured flat, 2D actors that clashed (no pun intended) with the 3D stuff around them.
                Clash was a rush job, they wanted to convert it to 3D at the last minute, hence the crappy 3D. Tron was filmed in 3D and is more about depth than it is pop-out and it does a great job of conveying depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                  There was an awful lot of CG in Clash of the Titans and Tron: Legacy, as well. Both of those featured flat, 2D actors that clashed (no pun intended) with the 3D stuff around them.
                  sorry but your forgetting that both of these films SUCK, nothing could of saved them (3D or otherwise)

ps post #10,900 x 1million

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    sorry but your forgetting that both of these films SUCK, nothing could of saved them (3D or otherwise)

ps post #10,900 x 1million
                    Clash of The Titans isn't that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                      Clash of The Titans isn't that bad.
                      no, it just wasn't that good....... at all

IonFan says

Comment

• I thought Tron Legacy was pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                          I thought Tron Legacy was pretty good.
                          don't get me wrong it looked good, IT LOOKED D@MN GOOD IN FACT, but the story just wasn't there (for me anyway)

IonFan says

Comment

• Correction: Tron Legacy was indeed shot in 3D. (Just not very well.) Clash was not, and rush job or not, you simply can't convert a 2D actor to 3D without an additional camera. That's how the very nature of seeing objects in three dimensions operates (it's why we have two eyes!).

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                              don't get me wrong it looked good, IT LOOKED D@MN GOOD IN FACT, but the story just wasn't there (for me anyway)
                              i still never saw the new tron. what was wrong with the story?
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                                i still never saw the new tron. what was wrong with the story?
                                What story?

Comment

Working...
                                X