Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West, you are like a GL Bloodhound! I can always count on you digging up the most obscure GL movie news! Thanks!
    Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

• Yeah, good job West..

I think, that actor is a good choice...

That guy from CBM will be visiting the film set tommorow, it will be interesting..

One question I have: on CBM there is a section about the pictures of the Gl movie and between the set pics I found this one in it :

Is this related to the movie, or just a commercial ring, to compare with the gl logo found at set?? ( If so, can somebody tell where I can get this one, it looks cool!!)

Comment

• its just one from the bn set that has been detailed and possible scuplted a lil bit to remove the lines from the base.

Comment

• Thanks!!

Comment

• I love it when they pick actors who have at least some history of liking the character or the comics.

Also, he practically looks exactly like Martin in the Comics:

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
              Sorry that happened bud. Someone mentioned that Ryan was there about a week ago.
              No worries. You were right on with forwarding the information. I just question the source from the TV station personality's tweet. I really find it hard to believe Blake and Ryan were filming a scene at a TV station for one hour on a Friday afternoon. Not impossible but highly improbable. You are doing an excellent job on your postings regardless!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                Remember that Ryan didn't want his face covered up much for Deadpool. So maybe we wont get a mask, but my guess is we will. They've been faithful up to this point, why stop now.
                I remember Ryan saying he was all for a mask, but the studio didn't want to cover his face.

Customs- http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ead.php?t=7448

Comment

• Via SHH

Green Lantern's Suit Will Be CG!

Source: /Film April 11, 2010

Director Martin Campbell has been filming Green Lantern down in New Orleans for over a month now, and there was bound to be some leaked information from the set. The latest is from /Film, who have discovered that Ryan Reynolds has spent his time on set wearing a grey motion/performance capture suit, the reason being that the Green Lantern suit in the movie will be created using computers.

Before you get all up in arms, we should remember that the production is in the very early stages, and some of this could be done for digital duplication of the actor, which is done a lot in superhero movies, like in Spider-Man - in fact, some of the FX are being done by Sony Pictures Imageworks who did that CG
                  although special FX supervisor Clay Pinney's only superhero work was Ivan Reitman's My Super Ex-Girlfriend (But he also performed the same function on The Matrix Reloaded--remember all those really lifelike Agent Smith clones?)

But /Film picked up on more than a few clues as to the reason why the suit might be added via CG later which all sound perfectly legit. The following are the three we find the most intriguing:

Ngila (Dickson, costume designer) was tasked with trying to find a way to do something that stands apart from all of the other superheroes spandex suit designs we've seen in the past.

The Green Lantern suit is something that should look alien — it needs to seem other worldly. It encompasses any creature that wears the ring, and Hal Jordan is the first human to ever wear the suit. This was a chance for Dickson to do something different. You also have to consider that Hal changes into the suit multiple times in mid scene, and the cg also allows him to do this.

I've heard that when the cg is complete, the suit will look like a manifestation of his power.

That last bit is the one that really drives the nail home because Green Lantern's costume is in fact created by the ring; it's not something he takes out of the closet and puts on. Clearly Martin Campbell and his team want to make sure that Reynolds isn't just wearing the same spandex or leather costume we've seen in so many superhero movies and using CG to create and/or enhance would go a long way to make Green Lantern look really cool and unique from other comic book characters.

With that in mind, let us know what you think about this latest development.

Comment

• if this is true, they seem to really care about making this a really great unique movie. im for it, just show me the costume at comic con damnit

Comment

• Didn´t ryan talk about prototypes of a suit ??

No suit?

That’s right. No suit. When I was first told this info, I didn’t believe it. I actually didn’t even consider it as a real possibility. But the information I’m about to reveal has since been backed up by two other independent sources. I stand by this information 150% — this is legit. I risk my reputation on it. Ready for it? Okay…

The suit that Ryan wears on set is a grey tracking motion/performance capture suit with led lights. I’ve heard that Ryan Reynolds has been joking on set that Warner Bros is going to make him into a Na’vi when the final cut is released. His joke, not mine. The Green Lantern suit you will see in the final film will be almost entirely created using computers.

My source within Warner Bros assures me that the suit will look cool. Don’t let the words “Computer generated” scare you.

I’ve heard that when the cg is complete, the suit will look like a manifestation of his power. And while I couldn’t confirm this, I’ve heard that DC’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has seen the designs and given them his blessing.

Here is some other information I’ve learned about the production:

* That leaked set photo of the silver ship is indeed Abin Sur’s crashed spaceship
                      * Temura Morrison looks legit as Abin Sur, although his head isn’t as elongated as in the concept art photos leaked awhile back.
                      * Peter Sarsgaard’s makeup tests with the enlarged head look cool. He has wild hair, kind of like Jason Lee in “My Name is Earl” and, of course, the kind of traditional Hector Hammond stache.
                      * I’m told that Reynolds is awesome in the role. He’s knocking it out of the park so far.
                      * The screenplay that leaked online is a very old draft. I’ve been told that the villains have changed a bit and that the rewritten script is supposedly way better in the end.

Read more: Exclusive: Green Lantern’s Suit Will Be CG | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/11/...#ixzz0kslsYcSX
                      Shaolinlantern
                      Parallax Host
                      Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 04-12-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• This suit news has the potential to be the coolest thing ever - or a giant waste of time. I'll reserve final judgement till I see the suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTomaselli View Post
                          This suit news has the potential to be the coolest thing ever - or a giant waste of time. I'll reserve final judgement till I see the suit.
                          in Campbell I trust.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• little skeptical but i have a good feeling about this. i really wanna see some pics this is driving me crazy!!! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
                              little skeptical but i have a good feeling about this. i really wanna see some pics this is driving me crazy!!! lol

same here. after i saw rr in the gl suit of that concept art i got excited
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Wow, that totally makes sense for this movie. If they can pull it off (and I have faith that they can), it will look amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X