Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not impressed. He looks like a Photoshopped Earth bug, and he's supposed to be an alien. I think they could've been a little more creative.
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
      Not impressed. He looks like a Photoshopped Earth bug, and he's supposed to be an alien. I think they could've been a little more creative.
      He looks nearly identical to his comic counterpart, besides antennae. I don't see the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by MasonACBB View Post
        He looks nearly identical to his comic counterpart, besides antennae. I don't see the problem.
        which begs to ask why people are screaming Awesome...its a fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
          For the record, I never screamed awesome. I just think he looks cool all GL'd out.

EDIT: He's got little green gloves on for christ's sake, how can you not look at that and chuckle.

Comment

maybe because its something to do with the movie
            more importantly with the gls featured

its general excitement for the film directed at whatever pics we can get

Comment

• HA its fucking BZZD....thats so awesome

Comment

• Good to know that people are also quick to bitch about everything with the movie that doesn't live up to whatever ridiculous expectations they've set up for themselves. Look I want this movie to succeed as much or more than anyone but sometimes I wish people would just step back and appreciate what these guys are doing. A GL film is incredibly difficult to pull off for many reasons but from everything i've seen, heard and read about the film how people can still be so negative is beyond me.
                "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

I somewhat agree with you. It's cool and everything that they've unleashed what Bzzd looks like, but it's nothing really to be unabashedly giddy over. Now, when I get to see Arisia I'll have my boner for the movie flying out like everyone else over Bzzd.
                  JohnnyV
                  Pictionary Master
                  Last edited by JohnnyV; 08-16-2010, 03:50 AM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
                    Good to know that people are also quick to bitch about everything with the movie that doesn't live up to whatever ridiculous expectations they've set up for themselves. Look I want this movie to succeed as much or more than anyone but sometimes I wish people would just step back and appreciate what these guys are doing. A GL film is incredibly difficult to pull off for many reasons but from everything i've seen, heard and read about the film how people can still be so negative is beyond me.
                    Not to put it quite so harshly, but I think people have to relax and not jump to conclusions about a movie with only a few tidbits out. After the trailer debuts, perhaps concerns will be more valid, but until then I just don't see the point of worrying and complaining so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post

I somewhat agree with you. It's cool and everything that they've unleashed what Bzzd looks like, but it's nothing really to be unabashedly giddy over. Now, when I get to see Arisia I'll have my boner for the movie flying out like everyone else over Bzzd.
                      If I see a live action Arisia I'll have a massive "Nerdgasm" lol, but I always thought Bzzd was cool......just the simple fact that there was a fly wearing the GL ring as a belt always made me laugh, plus the little guy can do shit, its not like he's useless or anything

*edit*

ok I just saw the post above my last one...........talk about irony :P

Comment

• even trailers can be misleading thus you shouldnt judge a movie until youve seen it for yourself

and you should never have high expectations for things either
                        no expectations no disappointments my mother always said

Comment

• Originally posted by sKALEyrapp View Post
                          looks good to me

i guess that means mogo will be in the film too
                          and that is just plain awesomeness
                          How can you not at the very least mention Mogo?

Comment

• 'Green Lantern' Villain Says His Greatest Fear Was A Single Word

"Green Lantern" readers expect Peter Sarsgaard to be at least a little eccentric when he appears in the Martin Campbell film next year as villain Hector Hammond. At least some of those quirks may come from his verbal grappling offstage, though, which included an extra-challenging vocabulary word.

"I actually did hang with this biologist from Tulane that was I think just the most eccentric guy they could find. He was entertaining," Sarsgaard told MTV News. "And he and I actually worked on my lecture that I give in ['Green Lantern'], which I kept royally f---ing up because — what was it I had said — 'prokaryotic cells.'"

The veteran actor from "Jarhead" and "Flightplan" ultimately needed a little help from an extra to finally nail the line, though he admitted that the struggle may have ended with an unintentionally nuanced pronunciation.

"I still can't remember how to say that," he explained. "Every time I'd get to it I'd just go, 'pro, pro pro,' and then an extra said to me, 'You know how you remember it? You're for Kary winning. You're pro-karyotic.'"

As for his character, Skarsgaard promised to deliver plenty of craziness to go around — and in multiple layers.

"He's got shades of gray," the actor said. "It's eccentricity on top of eccentricity."
                            W.West
                            Last edited by W.West; 08-16-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• i am on the fenc with that pic

Comment

• Ok no one has posted this in this thread (THAT I SAW and I checked only the last few pages)

http://gfestblog.blogspot.com/2010/0...exclusive.html
                                As if anyone needs reason to buy Geoff John's GREEN LANTERN comic book. The comic itself is one of the best books on the market and has been since he took over and begin piecing together his story (HAL JORDAN SECRET ORIGIN, SINESTRO CORP. WAR, BLACKEST NIGHT and BRIGHTEST DAY).

Now you have another reason to pick up the comic book. GREEN LANTERN #59 will include an exclusive first look at a member of the GREEN LANTERN CORPS from the 2011 live action GREEN LANTERN film.
                                I wonder if each monthly issue of GREEN LANTERN will feature an exclusive reveal as we move closer to Summer 2011. Who do you think will be the first character revealed in October in GREEN LANTERN #59?
                                I did not believe it to be true until I went to
                                http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=15726
                                and read

BRIGHTEST DAY blazes on as the New Guardians seeking the Indigo Entity are shocked to discover a sedated Black Hand. Can Hal Jordan trust the Indigo Tribe to house the herald of Nekron? Plus, another exclusive first look at a member of the GREEN LANTERN CORPS from 2011's live-action GREEN LANTERN film!
                                On Sale October 27, 2010
                                If this is old news and I missed it (in THIS THREAD) I am sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X