This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nightwing90 View Post
    Does anyone know if the movie is gonna be set in the same universe as The Dark Knight cos i would love it to be but i dunno if it could be pulled off with The Dark Knights tone if ya know what i mean.
    Supposedly yes. DC is following the Marvel Model and building towards (Slowly) a JLA movie.

Comment

• It is in the same universe.

Comment

• As far as I am aware it is not, Nolan has said on a few occasions that there are no other "superheroes" in his batman universe.

Comment

• Yeah if I remember correctly, Green Lantern is going to launch the DCUMV. That's why you got checkmate in there

Comment

• Nevermind i read his explanation wrong
            Superlantern
            mmmm Beer!
            Last edited by Superlantern; 07-11-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• I remember in Superman Returns when Clark first comes back to the Daily Planet a reporter says Gotham. I thought they would connect both franchises................. but I was wrong

Comment

• It doesnt matter what Nolan wants his Batverse to be. Its what Warner will use it as. And I had read that Warner Brothers refers to Batman Begins as "Action Comics 1" Dark Knight as "Action Comics 2" and Green Lantern is being called "Action comics 3" around the offices.

Comment

• I would figure that Green Lantern would be Detective Comics #27

Comment

• I figure it would be Green Lantern #1

Comment

• I read that they're just calling them those around the offices to show how they're all connected together in the same universe.

Comment

• I really doubt that it will be connected, but time will tell.

Comment

• As do I, though Nolan's involvement with Superman does increase the chances, however slight. I expect a loose mention of other heroes/cities but nothing so concrete as a Samuel L. Jackson taking 10mins out of a movie to talk about another movie.

Comment

• Jeff's right, it's been rumored that WB/DC is building a continuity to make the Nolan films "fit" with a larger DC universe, and I honestly think with Nolan producing the next Superman, this gives it a lot of credibility.

Comment

• Well gotham was mentioned in the first draft...

Originally posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
                              she messed up the name of the city..she said "coastal city" and it takes place in coast city..cmon guys lmao
                              So itīs gonna be Hal Gordon from coastal city ,who is just anyone who got a ring with magical powers.

I donīt know if this is official, but on the imdb there is the tagline of the movie : "Green Lantern - No evil shall escape my sight". sounds more familiar..

Edit: http://twitter.com/amythistle/status/17922134191

Regarding the zoo, there are two animal wranglers in the movie crew, one who is in charge of snakes!!!
                              Shaolinlantern
                              Parallax Host
                              Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 07-11-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Nice to get confirmation on Jessica Jordan

Comment

Working...
                                X