Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Animated Green Lantern DVD subtitled EMERALD KNIGHTS?

In related news, Warner Home Video has recently issued several new titles for upcoming home video releases from the studio. The following titles added to Warner Home Video's upcoming slate of releases, in relation to upcoming related animated projects, include Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Batman: Year One and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. DC Showcase is still listed by Warner Home Video as an upcoming title. Titles Batman & Superman 75th Anniversary Collection and DC 75th Anniversary Theme Compilation are also listed, but there is no designation on whether these releases are live-action or animated. Warner Home Video is also producing a documentary on the 75th anniversary of DC Comics.
    via WorldsFinest

Comment

• Most definately I will take pics, don't know about vids though. I tried doing that once in 2007 for Iron Man panel, tried to film the footage, security told me to stop.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        New Animated Green Lantern DVD subtitled EMERALD KNIGHTS?

via WorldsFinest

im stoked for the emerald knights
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          im stoked for the emerald knights
          As long as it has nothing to do with First Flight, then I'm game. Could this be the "beginning of the corps" animated movie that's supposed to debut around the same time as the live action?

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
            As long as it has nothing to do with First Flight, then I'm game. Could this be the "beginning of the corps" animated movie that's supposed to debut around the same time as the live action?

first flight was great but felt short imo. they could somehow maybe make hal paralax and have guy or kyle take over the movie

Comment

first flight was great but felt short imo. they could somehow maybe make hal paralax and have guy or kyle take over the movie
              Talk about short, that would only make the problem worse o_O

They need to ignore everything that First Flight did.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                Talk about short, that would only make the problem worse o_O

They need to ignore everything that First Flight did.

what didnt you like about first flight? you make it sound like if the 97 batman and robin film was animated with that statement

Comment

what didnt you like about first flight? you make it sound like if the 97 batman and robin film was animated with that statement
                  I have a laundry list of complaints about First Flight, primarily that they tried to cram too much info and history into 90 minutes, it's shameful really. Also, the changes they made to a lot of the characters was unnecessary, Kilowog is a pushover (and a traitor), Boodika is a traitor (and dies), Sinestro is never honorable or heroic, he's just a dirty cop, when Sinestro falls, I think the audience is actually glad, there's no emotional connection to him as a good guy (sort of like Anakin in the SW prequels).

Also, and I think this has already been discussed at length in this thread already, but adding in the oath at the end of the movie as an "oopsie, we forgot this part" was lame, and to add insult to injury, we never saw them charge their rings, or carry power batteries at all. In short, too many changes from the source material for no good reason. I have a strong feeling that the live action film will prove that GL can be successful in the mainstream without having to change it from the source material that drastically.

Comment

• Kilowog wasn't a traitor in First Flight. Different subject playing MK vs DCU the other day and thought somthing like Hal's uniform from that could look cool as the movie uniform.
                    http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ern_Render.jpg
                    In blackest day or brightest night,
                    ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                    Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                    With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenLanternFan5289 View Post
                      Kilowog wasn't a traitor in First Flight. Different subject playing MK vs DCU the other day and thought somthing like Hal's uniform from that could look cool as the movie uniform.
                      http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ern_Render.jpg
                      He was at least a pushover, from what I remember. The MK uniform has been brought up before, I wouldn't expect it to look like that. IMHO the MK version is too bulky, the way they layer it, I imagine the movie version will be really sleek.

Comment

• He wasn't what Kilowog should have been I agree there just pointing out that he wasn't a traitor. As for the costume I like it but it's not my favorite and was just bored. Hope it looks good though.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenLanternFan5289 View Post
                          He wasn't what Kilowog should have been I agree there just pointing out that he wasn't a traitor. As for the costume I like it but it's not my favorite and was just bored. Hope it looks good though.
                          I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with the movie costume (fingers crossed!)

Comment

• Mine are crossed as well my friend

Comment

• I do love the MK costume I do hope it takes elements from that and the First Flight Costume.
                              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                                I do love the MK costume I do hope it takes elements from that and the First Flight Costume.
                                Or how about just from the comics? In the only set report we've had about the costume so far, it was mentioned that it looked "pretty much like what's in the comics", which sounds good to me

Comment

Working...
                                X