Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed first flight. They made it easily accessible for people new to Green Lantern.

Comment

• Every GL fan liked First Flight when they first saw it... then it sank in, and the sins commited began to filll them with rage.

Comment

• For me, I was upset that it would be introducing people to the GL mythos in a really inaccurate way.

Comment

• For me... I was just glad it was Hal Jordan... because, y'know... in the DCAU Abin Sur gave the ring to Kyle, and then John was displayed as the most important Earth GL... Hal made a single appearance during a temporal shift, and that was it. Sure Boodika was portrayed inaccurately... so what? It could be worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
            For me, I was upset that it would be introducing people to the GL mythos in a really inaccurate way.
            well what is the accurate way? the way it was done in comics ? did FF leave an important factor with regards the GL mythos?

isnt the most important thing with Hal jordan and GL mythos , is that he was chosen among others by a dying alien to join an intergalactic space force known as GLC

Comment

• I thought the movie was pretty great actually. They changed storylines or the "mythos". All up and down in JL and JLU and people still love that. I fail to see the problem.
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tons T View Post
                isnt the most important thing with Hal jordan and GL mythos , is that he was chosen among others by a dying alien to join an intergalactic space force known as GLC
                Exactly. The specifics of that origin have been changed many times in the comics, and undoubtedly will again in the future.
                The last fan of 1990s comics
                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• They threw in the oath at the end as an afterthought, which pretty much says it all :| We didn't see Hal charge his ring at all, making Sinestro a villain so soon was retarded, they could have at least made it resemble some of the origin stories from the comic, but almost none of it was recognizable, personally, I'm glad it failed miserably.

If they wanted to so something SCW related, they should have just done that, screw the origin story. They tried to pack too much from the last 40+ years of comics into 90 minutes and it felt disjointed and rushed.

Comment

• IMO that movie could have been way worse. Does it really matter when we hear the oath as long as we hear it? I really didnt see it as being rushed at all.
                    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                      IMO that movie could have been way worse. Does it really matter when we hear the oath as long as we hear it? I really didnt see it as being rushed at all.
                      The oath felt to me like it as an "oh shit, we forgot this part" moment, shouldn't that be one of the first things that a GL learns??? I also felt that the tone of the movie was wrong, it was too much "space cop" and not enough "super heroes".

Comment

• They'll be packing 50+ years of comics into around 120 minutes next year, so be ready.
                        The last fan of 1990s comics
                        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                          They'll be packing 50+ years of comics into around 120 minutes next year, so be ready.
                          I've read the script they don't. I actually love the live-action treatment, it's much more true to the mythos without trying to blow it's load in one go.

After I was disappointed with First Flight, I resolved to learn everything I could about the live-action to avoid any surprise letdowns. So far, so good.

Comment

• Personally I dont think a GL should recite the oath untill they are done training. Just the same way (although I think it's changed now) that they don't get the GL Symbol on their uniform till training is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                              Personally I dont think a GL should recite the oath untill they are done training. Just the same way (although I think it's changed now) that they don't get the GL Symbol on their uniform till training is done.
                              Training's going to last longer than one ring charge :\

Comment

• That may be true but, and I could be wrong, I didn't think you had to recite the oath every time you recharge.

Comment

Working...
                                X