This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    Is that confirmed? Everything I've read said it was possibility.
    Not confirmed. The producers want to get the Supergirl TV show right first and foremost.

Here's the latest update from IGN from two days ago.

Arrow / The Flash Producer Talks Supergirl Casting and the Big Crossover Question

Question: Is there crossover potential for Supergirl with Arrow or The Flash?

Berlanti: So much has to go right for us to be able to make a great show. Again, I think of myself as like if I were watching them, I would want to see that. But we have to get so many things right to make a good show and so much of it is luck, unfortunately.
    To me, it sounds like once they get the show running on its own, there are plans to crossover with Arrow and Flash. Meaning, they'll cross that bridge if/when they get to it.

The article also notes:

Since CBS’s Supergirl series was announced, fans have wondered if it will exist in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash. With executive producer Greg Berlanti behind all three series and CBS co-owning the CW, it’s certainly much more likely than, say, Constantine being able to do a crossover and we’ve already heard that there is a strong possibility.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
      Arrow already sucks. No way Supergirl can make it worse.
      dude arrow is awesome. now the supergirl thing im really interested to see because if its a crime drama id like to see how that plays out. as for an atom spinoff im eeeh on it and i like routh in the role but i dont know about a full series just for that charachter. i will suggest though a leauge of assassins spinoff would be sweet that way it could serve as a prequel to arrow by showing sara training and meeting nysaa. they could do a lot with that and maybe introduce talia in some fashion and show ras 67 years before his fight with ollie ect
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Enjoying Arrow and calling it awesome are drastically different things. Its not good. It may entertain you but its not good. You have been conditioned to accept lesser quality tv and that's why its good for you. I refuse to lower my standards of quality. Arrow isn't good. Flash isn't good. Shield isn't good. They are interesting and they all have potential but right now, none of them are good and are a long ways away from awesome.

Comment

Enjoying Arrow and calling it awesome are drastically different things. Its not good. It may entertain you but its not good. You have been conditioned to accept lesser quality tv and that's why its good for you. I refuse to lower my standards of quality. Arrow isn't good. Flash isn't good. Shield isn't good. They are interesting and they all have potential but right now, none of them are good and are a long ways away from awesome.
          bro i respectfully disagree now as far as people being conditioned to like lesser quality tv go fight with the keeping up with kardashian fans and the teen mom fans. now that is bad quality tv

Comment

Enjoying Arrow and calling it awesome are drastically different things. Its not good. It may entertain you but its not good. You have been conditioned to accept lesser quality tv and that's why its good for you. I refuse to lower my standards of quality. Arrow isn't good. Flash isn't good. Shield isn't good. They are interesting and they all have potential but right now, none of them are good and are a long ways away from awesome.
            Is that you West? It's hard to see you all the way up on that high horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Is that you West? It's hard to see you all the way up on that high horse.
              this aint a knock but people always assume they can make a certain show better and the thing is they never like go into detail as to how they would.

i mean truthfully comic fans seem to think they know whats best for tv and movies and believe me im one of them its like my god man let the people do there magic who are involved with the project. just because something works in the comic dosent mean itll work on the big or small screen. 2 perfect examples are galactus and parallax. id also like to mention there is this idea that when something is changed in the movie from the comic its something new when that isnt the case at all seeing as movies based on novels have been known to change stuff wich is why a lot of the gone girl fans hunger game fans harry potter fans say the books are better

Comment

Well, aren't you just a special little snowflake? You're bringing the good word down to us peons toiling through basic cable!

Spare me...

Comment

• He's right though.

Arrow an Flash are NOT good tv. The bar has been raised and those two shows would have been considered good 20 to 30 years ago. Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad...THOSE are good shows. Arrow is General Hospital with some shitty cosplay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                    He's right though.

Arrow an Flash are NOT good tv. The bar has been raised and those two shows would have been considered good 20 to 30 years ago. Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad...THOSE are good shows. Arrow is General Hospital with some shitty cosplay.
                    So, to be good, you have to be so unpleasant that I would never, ever watch? That's disheartening.

And I'm being somewhat serious here. In recent years, pretty much all the shows that people praise as great are all things that I would never in a million years want to watch, due to them being drenched in violence, sex, profanity (or many times all of the above) and/or featuring as the "protagonists" people that seem so unpleasant that I could not imagine wanting to spend any time getting to know them.
                    Mister Ed
                    Horse of a Different Color
                    Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-14-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

So, to be good, you have to be so unpleasant that I would never, ever watch? That's disheartening.

And I'm being somewhat serious here. In recent years, pretty much all the shows that people praise as great are all things that I would never in a million years want to watch, due to them being drenched in violence, sex, profanity (or many times all of the above) and/or featuring as the "protagonists" people that seem so unpleasant that I could not imagine wanting to spend any time getting to know them.
                      I see your point even if I don't agree with everything you wrote. There're plenty of shows that aren't very deep but entertaining none the less. Agents of SHIELD is just meh (haven't seen anything from season 2 though), it's just there but not very captivating. And Arrow only has all them cameos and villains going for it. Oliver Queen isn't very likable and so is most of the cast.
                      SocializingMogo
                      Corps Honor Guard
                      Last edited by SocializingMogo; 01-14-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

He's right though.

Luke and Laura are very upset with you and that statement.

Comment

He's right though.

are you saying that because you really believe that or is it because the cast tends to be good looking than all of us on this forum combined?

you have complained for a wile about how the cast is to good looking i mean who do you expect them to cast guys in there 40's and obese?

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                            Oliver Queen isn't very likable and so is most of the cast.
                            That's a big part of why I don't watch Arrow, myself.

Comment

• My issue with Arrow is that he's too much like Batman, brooding and all. It's hard to look at him as Arrow when he acts like Batman.

Comment

You're correct in that I picked two shows with unpleasant themes and characters. That wasn't intentional; my intent was to use a few shows that have raised the bar in terms of quality as an example. I'm at a loss to think of family friendly shows of that caliber of quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X