This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
    How is it this Titans tv series already looks better than 90% of the other DC live action stuff? Can't wait to see Beastboy and Raven...

~//V\\~
    Agreed...what the hell? I am scratching my head at how good this looks! It's almost like someone used actual comic books for reference; I didn't know that was allowed.

Comment

• People think she'll be Mary Marvel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post

People think she'll be Mary Marvel.
        It was actually confirmed by the director that she'll be playing Mary.

Comment

• I think this is awesome. I'd love to see this in action.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I think I figured out the perfect analogy for the DC films....

The DC films, most of them anyway, are like Rob Liefeld Image comics of the 90's era. Sure... sometimes the art and characters may have looked nice... but the story often never made much sense.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                I think I figured out the perfect analogy for the DC films....

The DC films, most of them anyway, are like Rob Liefeld Image comics of the 90's era. Sure... sometimes the art and characters may have looked nice... but the story often never made much sense.

~//V\\~
                And when you really look at it, the art isn't good like you made yourself think it was. It's downright terrible.

Drawing feet and making movies is HARD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                  And when you really look at it, the art isn't good like you made yourself think it was. It's downright terrible.

Drawing feet and making movies is HARD!
                  Now believe it or not, some of those older Supreme comics were drawn by one of my favorite artists... Todd Nauck. While some of them were colored by a one Scott Baumann... whom I believe may in fact be MOOSE. The actual stories though very rarely made sense and had a horrible flow. Supreme #1 for example... one minute he's flying into Earth's orbit, then next shot is some government type saying "Send them up..." talking about Youngblood. The very next shot is like six or seven Liefeld created heroes already on top of Supreme like there's no go-between. Just felt like a DC flick with bad editing....

Liefeld created his universe of characters but let others work on them most of the time. Aside from Alan Moore eventually writing Supreme much like silver age Superman, most of Liefeld's universe was crap. Hands, weapons, feet, and backgrounds be damned!

~//V\\~

Comment

• I absolutely loathed early Image. All of it. I watched that Robert Kirkman special on Image and it reminded me how much I hated the look of EVERY title in their line.

Now, ironically, Image is a place where talented artists and writers put out quality comics. Its like night and day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                      I absolutely loathed early Image. All of it. I watched that Robert Kirkman special on Image and it reminded me how much I hated the look of EVERY title in their line.

Now, ironically, Image is a place where talented artists and writers put out quality comics. Its like night and day.
                      I wouldn't go that far because I liked early Spawn (though not enough to subscribe) and dabbled in some other titles but oddly to me 90s comics in general have not aged as well as 60s-80s stuff. The top-tier stuff was good but the overall vibe was not a high point in four-color history. I'd much rather read a run-of-the mill mid-60s comic than a run-of-the-mill mid-90s comic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        I wouldn't go that far because I liked early Spawn (though not enough to subscribe) and dabbled in some other titles but oddly to me 90s comics in general have not aged as well as 60s-80s stuff. The top-tier stuff was good but the overall vibe was not a high point in four-color history. I'd much rather read a run-of-the mill mid-60s comic than a run-of-the-mill mid-90s comic.

I must be really old because I hated it when that look was in it's heyday. I was already at the point then that 90s comics had an ugly look to me. It was when I walked away from most of the Marvel titles I was reading, X Men especially. Hated Spawn when it came out. HATED it. Cable, Deapool, pretty much anything that looked Liefeld-ish. I was into Sandman, Swampy and all these other titles that I felt were more highbrow. I enjoyed being a comics snob then lol.

Comment

• Early Image to me that I enjoyed included Shadowhawk, Spawn, and WildCATS. I thought Jim Lee's knockoffs were better than Liefeld's [Majestic > Supreme, WildCATS > Youngblood, etc.] and there were times I even got into the Savage Dragon comics. That Dragon cartoon though... should NOT have been as kid friendly because the comics were anything but.

Aside from Milestone, it seemed like Image was the only place to find a strong black lead character back then as well.

~//V\\~

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• So the latest newest on "Young Justice" is season 3 will be released around the 4th Quarter of 2018, but only on DC's streaming service. I'm still not on board with the paid streaming service, but might reconsider depending on how well "Titans" is received.
                              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• That Young Justice show was pretty good. Cool that they are bringing it back, my son was a big fan of it. It sounds like it will be a while before he sees it though as I'm not paying for a streaming service to get it

Comment

Working...
                                X