Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both are cool for different reasons like you said. I like Orm more, but Manta has got it going on too.

I was a big Aquaman fan growing up and still have a longbox packed tight with Aquaman comics from the 60s to early 2000s. I fell out of love with him, but still have a nostalgic love for the guy.

Comment

• I wonder who they'll get for Manta though...

Back in the days of Blockbuster video, I once rented an old VHS tape of old Aquaman cartoon episodes with the black undies as part of his suit. I thought it was cool he could talk to fish and command sharks and stuff, but I always thought the hydro bombs were cool and should be brought back somehow. In the late 80's early 90's I picked up everything I could right up till Infinite Crisis ushering in the Sword of Atlantis Aquaman. I don't care for he and Mera being a couple though. I always liked the idea of Aquaman and Wonder Woman hooking up...

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by -M- View Post
        ...I don't care for he and Mera being a couple though. I always liked the idea of Aquaman and Wonder Woman hooking up...
        Oh, yeah, Aquaman should not hook up with the girl who breathes and controls water and is sometimes called Aquagirl. What a weird pairing.

Comment

• I thought she's just been called Aquawoman? Aquagirl is a whole 'nother bunch of ladies...

~M~

Comment

• ^I think you're right. They just call her Mera nowadays. I like that couple though. It's like Lois and Clark to me. I mostly like the predictable couples with the exception of Hal and Arisia being my favorite GL couple.

Comment

• I don't know if they're still doing it but earlier this year Mera got her own version of the Aquaman costume and told the media or something to call her Aquawoman

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                I don't know if they're still doing it but earlier this year Mera got her own version of the Aquaman costume and told the media or something to call her Aquawoman
                Yeah, she stopped both within like one issue. The costume was pretty sweet though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                  I'm so happy to hear about this as I have the entire run of the comic book series and I was disappointed when it ended. It definitely brought Ivy and Harley closer together and colored in the romantic side of their relationship. Now, that's something worth seeing on the big screen. I just hope they cast the right people to pull off Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

However, I'm not sure about David Ayer as director again. Although, he only had 6 weeks to come up with the Suicide Squad script and the project was definitely rushed into production to meet the release date. So, I'm willing to give him another chance.

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                  I guess WB has to do what makes the most business sense, but it's a little tiresome that Batman's supporting cast get more adaptation than some of the biggest DC heroes and villains. I wish WB could crack the code on making DC's properties as big as Batman and Superman.

That being said, I have a certain level of interest in a Sirens movie. However, I've been wishing to see Creeper come along in the DCEU and out-Joker the Joker, hence winning Harley's affection. That's probably too much to ask.
                  Yeah, it makes the most business sense to put on a Gotham Sirens movie and I think it's great that WB/DC is developing an all female team out there. I wonder how much Batman will be in this film.

I think WB has cracked the code with their DC properties, well, on the TV side of things. They just have to break away from the Nolan/ultra realistic agenda with the cinematic universe and embrace the fantastical and fun elements of comic books like the TV show. I think WB/DC is just gun shy about doing so because of the Green Lantern film.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Patrick Wilson was a guest on ABC Radio’s GMA After Hours this week, and he explained why he signed on to play the villain Ocean Master in Aquaman.

“What’s gonna be interesting is there hasn’t been the technology to back up the storytelling, I guess, for Aquaman,” Wilson said. “Until now. And for me, of course, I’m completely biased with James Wan, who I’ve done four films with — knowing that he’s at the helm and knowing what he … can do and what he will do, I’ll do anything with him.”

“I think the lure of Aquaman [is] because he hasn’t been overexposed on screen. And I don’t know Jason (Momoa) — I can’t wait to meet him. I was a huge fan even from the first episode of Game of Thrones, so I’m in — I’m in with him, and he’s gonna be fantastic,” Wilson added.

Wilson will be getting to work soon. Also this week, the Australian government announced that Aquaman will be shot at Village Roadshow Studios, which is located on the Gold Coast in Queensland, in the first half of 2017. That studio has a large water tank which will definitely come in handy for a movie like Aquaman! Here’s an example from Village Roadshow Studios’ website:
                    $111 million will be spent, and over 1,000 jobs will be created for the Aquaman production in Australia. The movie is also rumored to be heading to Italy for a bit too, based on some location scouting photos that director James Wan shared on social media.
                    NBC’s DC Comics comedy ‘Powerless’ now takes place at a Wayne Enterprises company
                    Powerless, an office comedy from NBC that’s set in the DC Comics universe, has a new premiere date. It will officially launch on Thursday, February 2nd at 8:30 p.m. But there’s also a new synopsis that changes up the setting of the show.

Originally, the characters on Powerless were working at an insurance company, but now the office comedy will be set at Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Could we see a cameo from the big boss man himself, Mr. Wayne?

Here’s the full synopsis:

In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Full of confidence and big ideas, Emily quickly learns that her expectations far exceed those of her new boss (Alan Tudyk) and officemates, so it will be up to her to lead the team toward their full potential and the realization that you don’t need superpowers to be a hero.

A leaked trailer last spring revealed a few DC hero shout-outs, including Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman. With this show set in the DC universe, I suppose anything is possible!

Comment

• Ben Affleck Says ‘The Batman’ on Track to Shoot in Spring: ‘Everything Is Coming Together’
                      He noted that his acting and directing careers have fed into each other. “Argo,” his previous effort, won the Oscar for best picture and provided Affleck with a meaty role as a government agent trying to sneak embassy workers out of Iran during the height of its revolution. His next film, “The Batman,” finds him donning the cape and cowl again. He will also slide behind the camera. Affleck indicated that he expected the film will begin shooting in the spring.

“We’re on the right track with that and everything is coming together,” he said. “We’re still finishing up a script. I’m very excited.”

There’s been a string of films featuring the Gotham avenger — some good (“The Dark Knight”), others not so much (“Batman and Robin”). But Affleck had nothing but praise for the directors and actors who have put their own imprint on Batman.

“I respect all of those [Batman] movies,” he said. “Christopher Nolan did an incredible job, Christian Bale did an incredible job, Tim Burton did an incredible job. At a certain point you have to look forward and try to believe in your own vision for it and not be looking over your shoulder the whole time. I go into that movie with a tremendous amount of respect for the people who came before me.”
                      Warner Bros Shakeup: Greg Silverman Steps Down, Toby Emmerich Takes Top Production Post; Duo Set To Run NL
                      Silverman acknowledged the initial rough footing when he, Kroll and Emmerich stepped in after Jeff Robinov exited the studio several years ago. But he feels the studio is on fine footing.

“Getting an organization back up and running after a managerial change is a lot of work,” Silverman said. “Toby, Sue and Kevin and I worked through a tough 2015, and it certainly took an emotional toll. But then in 2016, you feel how this place can work, when things go well. And there is so much confidence moving forward, because I’ve seen all the movies.“Next year, Batman Lego looks like a monster, and King Kong looks like a global hit and we have Chris Nolan’s Dunkirk, and King Arthur, and Wonder Woman, which is such a joy for the studio and fans. Zack Snyder’s Justice League is a big film, and there are others like CHiPS, which feels like a real franchise for the studio. And Toby Emmerich’s films are also really humming.

“Then in 2018, there is a second Fantastic Beasts film, and Ready Player One feels like an ambitious movie by the world’s best filmmaker, Steven Spielberg, that will set the world on fire. There is Aquaman with James Wan, and Scooby Doo will be a huge launch and then there is Lego Ninjago. And then there is Ben Affleck’s Batman. I believe the place I love is set to succeed in the long term here, and I can be a bit selfish and think, ‘How do I want to live my own life?’ Tech, China and investing are real passions for me that have emerged over the past few years. But if I didn’t know everything would be OK for everybody here, it would have been a lot harder to start my own thing.”

Comment

• Sources: WB Montreal Cancels Unannounced Suicide Squad Game, Shifts To Batman
                        Warner Bros. Montreal has cancelled their long-rumored Suicide Squad video game, sources tell Kotaku. The studio will now focus mainly on their other big project, a Batman game starring Damian Wayne.

Executives at Warner Bros. decided to axe the Suicide Squad game earlier this month following a long period of turbulence at WB Montreal, according to three people familiar with the studio. The game, which would star DC Comics’ eponymous band of anti-heroes, had been in development for at least two years. Hints of its existence had been floating around for just as long. I’ve heard it was a co-op game—and that it failed to impress Warner Bros. management during greenlight meetings—but not much else.

Warner Bros. Montreal, founded in 2010, is best known for developing Arkham Origins, a prequel to the Arkham series that came out in 2013. The studio has not announced any new games since then, although the end of Origins teased a Suicide Squad get-together, which led to the first rumors that WB Montreal was working on a game about the gang of government-employed villains. (The companion handheld game, Arkham Origins Blackgate, also teased Suicide Squad in its ending.)

Many had assumed WB Montreal’s game would come out alongside the movie this past August, but that release came and went with no word from Warner Bros. Games outside of a mobile tie-in. Now it’s clear: Unless they revisit Suicide Squad at some point in the future, the game isn’t happening.

The cancellation of Suicide Squad comes after a year of shake-ups at WB Montreal. Earlier this year, WB Montreal’s top bosses including studio head Martin Carrier and executive producer Reid Schneider left the company. At the end of November, Warner Bros. hired a new studio head: Stéphane Roy, who was previously an executive producer on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at Eidos Montreal.

We don’t know much about WB Montreal’s Damian Wayne game, which was also rumored earlier this year. We’d originally heard that it would be revealed at the beginning of December, but given the studio shakeup, it’s not surprising that they haven’t announced it yet. This Batman game may not be out for a while.

Warner Bros. has not returned a request for comment.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• That was a nice video, I always wanted to know more about the concept art for that game floating around the web.

Wonder if this guy did a video for the unreleased GL game of days past?

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                                [The Flash's Cancelled Open World Video Game]
                                Just watched the video. Aww man, I would've liked this game. I get addicted to open-world games, wanting to do all the side missions.

Originally posted by -M- View Post
                                ...Wonder if this guy did a video for the unreleased GL game of days past?
                                I remember hearing about that game in development and being very sorry that I had chosen Genesis over SNES. Of course, it didn't happen, so it didn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X