X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
    Yo.

betcha he thinks of saying The Cosby Show, Family Ties or 8 Is Enough.......

Tazer
    Though those are all fine shows, I'm curious if he can think of one that ISN'T a family sitcom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      But can you think of one that fits that description, from any era? I'm trying to get a handle on what you would accept as a really good family friendly show.
      It's hard for me. All of the dramas I like are for adults like LOST, Deadwood or The Shield. Most of the family friendly stuff I like or grew up liking were half hour sitcoms like Brady Bunch, Roseanne, Golden Girls, Taxi Three's Company etc. I'm having a hard time thinking of a good 1 hour drama that is the family friendly Breaking Bad because there isn't one.

There are your Quantum Leaps and Star Treks (some of them anyway). But ultimately I think the creativity just isn't there or at least there's not a market for those kind of shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Though those are all fine shows, I'm curious if he can think of one that ISN'T a family sitcom.
        I can't think of a great family drama.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Is Dreamboat Actor Steven R. McQueen Playing Nightwing In ‘Titans’?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
            Yo.

given that the CW has a decided female-friendly slant, Im kinda shocked that U poozers are actually arguing the quality of those 2 shows when U *know* that NONE OF US are in the target audience........
            :/

Tazer
            Sup.

This, for the most part.

Arrow and Flash aren't great shows, but good shows. They're the CW formulaic show, where the main character dwells in inner conflict and keeps secrets to protect the ones he loves. Therefore, a true romance and a steady relationship is very difficult and flirts with being impossible. We've been through this type of thing with Smallville.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• That Nightwing rumour has been floating around for some time and for pure shallow reasons, as I have never watched anything he is in, I am all for it.
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                I can't think of a great family drama.
                shoot, I can: Little House in the Prairie. plus, theres the more recent Touched by an Angel or Judging Amy.

and I think *maybe* Showtimes
                Huff can fit in this category......

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• The Waltons won an Emmy for best Drama series, didn't it? I recall watching it in reruns as a child.

I remember enjoying Early Edition. At least at first. I think it might have jumped the shark at some point.
                  Mister Ed
                  Horse of a Different Color
                  Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-14-2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Oh, come on. Let's not travel back to the days of disco to find quality family drama. What's a great modern day family drama?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                      Oh, come on. Let's not travel back to the days of disco to find quality family drama. What's a great modern day family drama?
                      well i wouldnt call it a drama but more of a sitcom i always found roseanne to be a family show. i guess we can asume currently big bang theory is aimed for family
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• The Secret Life of an American Teenager? Degrassi? Switched at Birth? The Fosters? Red Band Society? 7th Heaven?
                        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                          The Secret Life of an American Teenager? Degrassi? Switched at Birth? The Fosters? Red Band Society? 7th Heaven?
                          boy meets world and currently girl meets world

Comment

• I thought of that but I think that's more of a Sitcom with dramatic moments than a Drama.

Comment

• I quite enjoyed No Ordinary Family. It didn't last long, though. And as I recall it had some elements that would make me hesitate to share at least some of it with the rest of the family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                                I thought of that but I think that's more of a Sitcom with dramatic moments than a Drama.
                                what about the brady bunch? could we argue that it did have a form of drama in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X