Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, at least he's reading up on the character, unlike what Bryan Singer told his actors during the filming of his first two X-Men flicks. Singer did not want any of the actors to read the source material.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I see Geoff's Teen Titans vol 1 in there, didn't know 'Stroke was in Batman Earth One Vol. 2, and ID Crisis is in there. The Rebirth Deathstroke series, while I still haven't read it, is far from 'garbage' as far as I can tell. Easily the title I most looked forward to after this latest relaunch.

Just keep the man away from the Liefeld garbage towards the end of his New52 series. And I agree, the Judas Contract should be in a pile of research somewhere.

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
        HA!! Im surprised I didn't see a volume or 2 of CNs Teen Titans mixed in there.....

Another admirable suggestion!

Originally posted by -M- View Post
        didn't know 'Stroke was in Batman Earth One Vol. 2

He isn't. If I had to venture a guess, I'd wager that Batman: Earth One will likely be the tone that they're going for in the movie.

Comment

• 'Arrow,' 'The Flash,' 'Supergirl,' 'Legends of Tomorrow' Reveal 4-Way Crossover Villain
          The four-way crossover between The CW's Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow is shaping up to be out of this world.

When all of the Arrow-verse series unite for one major crossover event this fall, the heroes will find themselves battling DC Comics alien race The Dominators (pictured below from the comics).

"We’re taking inspiration from a DC crossover from the late 1980s known as Invasion!, which featured an alien race called The Dominators, who’d previously vexed the Legion of Superheroes," Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. "We’re using cutting-edge prosthetics and computer effects to achieve a feature film-quality look which is faithful to Invasion! artist Todd McFarlane’s interpretation of the characters.”

In Invasion!, The Dominators — or Dominion as the race was called as a whole — were extremely technologically advanced, skilled geneticists and lived in a very strict caste system where your place in society was determined by how big of a red circle was on your head. The Dominators were very interested in the genetic potential of the human race, especially in the metagene, or the fictional biological variant that caused some humans to become metahumans.

After Supergirl moved from CBS to The CW, the network announced that all four Greg Berlanti-produced series would host a crossover event this fall, "our biggest one ever," CW boss Mark Pedowitz said. Superhero crossover events have become an annual tradition since the first one during Arrow season two that introduced Grant Gustin as Barry Allen before he spun off to topline The Flash. The next season saw a crossover between Arrow and The Flash before the two shows introduced characters from Legends of Tomorrow in advance of its premiere. And last season, The Flash achieved the almost-impossible cross-network crossover with Supergirl when the latter was still on CBS.

The Flash season three premieres on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 8 p.m., Arrow season five premieres Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 8 p.m., Supergirl season two premieres Monday, Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. and Legends of Tomorrow season two premieres Thursday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. on The CW.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• ‘Krypton’: Cameron Cuffe Cast As Seg-El, The Lead In Syfy’s Superman Prequel
              Vixen: CW Seed Announces Season 2 Premiere Date for Animated Arrow Spinoff

Ben Affleck Confirms Batman Solo Film is Titled The Batman
              “The movie I think is going to be called ‘The Batman’. At least that’s what we’re going with right now. I might change it… That’s about all I got right now. We’re working on the script, the script is going well, I’m really excited about it.”
              Ben Affleck Explains Why He Wanted Deathstroke as the Villain for ‘The Batman’
              “He’s a great villain because—I just had an instinctive feeling that he would match up with him well. You know, I’m a big admirer of that character as well, especially in the New 52 the way that they did Deathstroke, and I thought that it could work.”

Comment

• OFFICIAL: SUICIDE SQUAD Is Getting An Extended Cut; Check Out The Trailer Here

Like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice before it, Suicide Squad is getting an extended cut when it hits Blu-ray later this year. Hit the jump for the teaser and to find out the release date...

In some respects, Suicide Squad was more disappointing than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. While the latter suffered because Warner Bros. allowed Zack Snyder to shoot a movie that was just too big and needed to be cut down to the point where it became a mess, the former was butchered in the editing room by execs who were worried that moviegoers wanted it to be less dark and more fun.

Clearly realising that fans weren't overly happy with the version of Suicide Squad they ended up getting in theaters (which David Ayer has maintained was his final cut), they'll be releasing an extended version on November 15th digitally and December 13th on Blu-ray. It's worth noting that this hasn't been called a "Director's Cut", but neither was the Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman to be fair.

The trailer below doesn't reveal much, but we do see more of Harley Quinn's origin story and some fresh shots of The Joker, so this version of Suicide Squad already promises to be a must-watch.

+ YouTube Video
                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• HBO Confirms “Preliminary Discussions” For ‘Watchmen’ TV Series
                  “Preliminary discussions regarding Watchmen have occurred, but we have no additional information and no deals are in place,” the network said in a statement following a report by Collider about the meeting with Snyder.

I hear that the discussion of a possible Watchmen series took place months ago, and there are no active talks going on with Snyder, who is busy working on a slew of tentpole DC movies: Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Justice League. Because of his full plate, he might not be able to be closely involved in a Watchmen series even if it goes forward.

Comment

• Ben Affleck Suggests The Batman May Be Retitled
                    “I mentioned the other day… it’s been around for a long time, but the movie… there is no Batman movie happening yet, we’re still trying to figure it out, you know, get the script and budget and all that stuff. And someone said, ‘what are you calling it?’ and I had said, like, back when we were promoting another movie, I was like ‘we don’t have a name for it, we’re just going with The Batman or Batman movie’, and I said that, and everyone was like ‘Affleck announces the name of his Batman movie.’”
                    WILLIAM SHATNER TO VOICE TWO-FACE IN NEW BATMAN ANIMATED FILM
                    At New York Comic Con’s “Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders” panel and world premiere, Warner Bros. Animation president Sam Register revealed that the next DC Comics-based animated film will be a sequel to the ’66 Batman send-up, titled “Batman vs. Two-Face.”

Register closed the panel by revealing a teaser of sorts for the film — after indicating that it would feature a character that never appeared on the ’66 series. He showed a silhouette that looked a lot like Two-Face — which faded away to reveal a video with William Shatner…

In the video, Shatner broke the name of the new film and announced that he’ll be voicing District Attorney Harvey Dent, A.K.A. Two-Face. No further information was given.

Comment

• Comment

• Mera looks awesome!

Comment

• Definitely like it. But is it the real thing? It looks like a magazine spread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Definitely like it. But is it the real thing? It looks like a magazine spread.
                            yes it's real. http://www.newsarama.com/31517-amber...ce-league.html

Comment

• She looks fantastic.

Comment

• Wow, she looks great in that one pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X