Video Game Movies ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Game Movies ...

Since this belonged into two different threads I made one for it...

Sony released a Trailer for its newest animated film ..

Ratchet And Clank The Movie

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

O.O

Darth_Andrea
    Darth_Andrea
    Owned by Natu
    Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 04-23-2013, 02:28 PM.

With the last decade worth of games being made to have more a cinematic approach, I don't see the point of adapting games into movies now. Back in day yes, because of 16 bit and wanting to see games come to life.

But now with technology, it would be pointless for UC, Mass Effect, or even the latest Tomb Raider to be made into films.

Hell after MK 9 I don't want another MK movie because we got a great MK movie within MK 9.

The only video game I would love to see adapted is the Legend of Zelda.

Comment

Some people want to see it in live action and not animated.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
        Some people want to see it in live action and not animated.
        Which is fine for some but not for me, I'm not even worried about it ruining the franchise or dumb stuff like that. I just don't see the point when great performances are being delivered within a video games.

Just me though.

Comment

I'm one of the subset I guess. I would love to see a Mass Effect Trilogy of films. Actually I want 6 movies, 2 versions of each, one with Male Shep and one Fem Shep but that's just me and my pipe dreams I suppose

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
            I'm one of the subset I guess. I would love to see a Mass Effect Trilogy of films. Actually I want 6 movies, 2 versions of each, one with Male Shep and one Fem Shep but that's just me and my pipe dreams I suppose

Darth_Andrea
            But the point of the game/most RPG's game in general, is the fact that it's you whose influencing this character and when it's in a movie it takes away made me fall in love with the game in the first place.

Stay excited of course, but I'm not excited for a ME trilogy movie.

Comment

anyone here seen the Injustice: Gods Among Us movie? i did and it was pretty good, if you ignore all the jumps in action it had to take, sadly cause of it i no longer need to get the game to get the story

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

i am on the fence on this topic. while i can agree with iggy i also feel there are some games that would make awesome movies. now maybe not seeing a specific game come to life but if they could take the characters of a game and expand upon that experience would be pretty cool

Comment

It's not about whether or not games should be made into movies, because a movie can be about anything. Would I want to see a Legend of Zelda movie? Fuck yeah I would. Would I want to see a shitty Legend of Zelda? Fuck no I wouldn't. So, it's not whether video games should or shouldn't be made into movies, because movies can be about anything. The idea isn't the problem, it's the execution. And whether I'd trust certain movie studios to put out a high quality product or not.

While most video game movie adaptations are a waste of time, it doesn't mean there can't be high quality ones in the future. Look at the progression of comic book movies; there's no reason this can't happen for video game properties. The owners simply have to be protective about who they license it out to.
                  JohnnyV
                  Pictionary Master
                  Last edited by JohnnyV; 04-23-2013, 03:43 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I am supprised Castlevania never got a movie. Vampire have be popular again for a while.I could see it being cool if put in the right hands and the music from the games was always top notch.
                    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Yo.

Im like havik; Im on the fence about certain properties being given the big theatrical treatment becuz Ive seen H-wood completely fuck up an adaption (SMB, RE, Wing Commander, SF2....), but as a game fan *just the thought* of a Halo/ME/MK -film still to this day gives me a big-ass Kool Aid -smile that I just cant resist......

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

i want to see what they do with the proposed splinter cell movie. again don't model it after any particular game take the characters and create a new story this way fans of the games don't get their panties twisted

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                          With the last decade worth of games being made to have more a cinematic approach, I don't see the point of adapting games into movies now. Back in day yes, because of 16 bit and wanting to see games come to life...
                          Well, I do.
                          (1) Although I like video games, I'm about 100 times more a fan of movies.
                          (2) Most video game movies are going to be an hour and a half, two tops. It takes me much longer than that to re-play the game. And somehow I enjoy re-watching movie a lot more than replaying video games.
                          (3) Video games piss me off all the time. I don't get this effect from watching a movie. I like the Hitman games and the movie but when I'm having trouble not getting spotted in a mission and am ready to throw the controller through the TV, I can pop in the DVD, sit back and relax.

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                          But the point of the game/most RPG's game in general, is the fact that it's you whose influencing this character ...
                          Right. That's just to say it's a different medium. You just as easily say the point of a book is for you to actively follow and fill in the gaps. It doesn't mean books can't be made into movies.

Comment

Originally posted by havik View Post
                            i want to see what they do with the proposed splinter cell movie. again don't model it after any particular game take the characters and create a new story this way fans of the games don't get their panties twisted
                            That and Metal Gear seem like they have so much potential for a really good film franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              (2) Most video game movies are going to be an hour and a half, two tops. It takes me much longer than that to re-play the game. And somehow I enjoy re-watching movie a lot more than replaying video games.
                              Seconded.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X