No announcement yet.

Superman and Wonder Woman caught together, Lane and Trevor shocked and appalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman and Wonder Woman caught together, Lane and Trevor shocked and appalled

SUPERMAN & WONDER WOMAN SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G IN JUSTICE LEAGUE #12 AND BEYOND

Something is going to rock the Justice League and the world next week, and that event will lead to romance for Superman and Wonder Woman. Writer Geoff Johns promises that this hook-up is “no one-issue stunt. This is the new status quo.” One step closer to Kingdom Come?
    Lois and Superman are my truest and true OTP, and so today, I am very saddened.

Bah. It looks like another attempt to boost sales.

It's clearly only for shock value. I don't the pair lasting all that long (despite what Geoff Johns says).

Comment

Let's not forget this:

It'll be the same thing, just with Superman instead of Batman. They'll HINT at a relationship for a few issues to tease readers with ultimately nothing becoming of it.

Comment

But...but...this is the new status quo! Geoff Johns said so!

Comment

Geoff Johns has mentioned things that were going to happen and they never ended up happening (Evil Star anyone?) I don't think that Wonder Woman and Superman is any exception to that. It looks like nothing more than a stunt.

Johns is more of a yapper than a doer.
          Mister.Weirdo
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 08-22-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            But...but...this is the new status quo! Geoff Johns said so!

...and we can surely rely on everything GJ says.

Sincerely, Krypto vs. Dex Starr

Comment

He's the COO, that's why.

I don't know why people are against super people dating super people.

Comment

No one said they are completely against super people dating super people. They are just not fond of these two dating. I don't see why it's such a problem if we don't like it.
                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Yeah, this matchup just seems like a "because we can" kind of thing. Just because they saw fit to discard Superman's decades-long relationship with Lois, doesn't mean we all have to LIKE that decision, or think that throwing him together with Wonder Woman instead is a fine idea.

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that they didn't kill Lois off to set this up, like in Kingdom Come. That was fine for what amounted to essentially an Elseworlds tale, but to do THAT in the main continuity would be... a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                    No one said they are completely against super people dating super people. They are just not fond of these two dating. I don't see why it's such a problem if we don't like it.
                    and I don't see a problem with Supes and Wonder Woman dating. I'm not saying for people to like the idea, but for the most part (not everybody) I've seen post

THIS IS BULLSHIT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Whatever happened to giving things a chance? Not saying you won't but others are already damning the idea.

Comment

Yeah, this matchup just seems like a "because we can" kind of thing. Just because they saw fit to discard Superman's decades-long relationship with Lois, doesn't mean we all have to LIKE that decision, or think that throwing him together with Wonder Woman instead is a fine idea.

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that they didn't kill Lois off to set this up, like in Kingdom Come. That was fine for what amounted to essentially an Elseworlds tale, but to do THAT in the main continuity would be... a bit much.
                      There is that fucking C word again...............

A story is a story, whether it's in continuity or a else worlds story. If DC had just made Lois get back with Supes, then people will just shout SAME OLD SHIT. So why not try something new, that maybe just maybe and I know it's crazy that people want to see?

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                        and I don't see a problem with Supes and Wonder Woman dating. I'm not saying for people to like the idea, but for the most part (not everybody) I've seen post

THIS IS BULLSHIT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Whatever happened to giving things a chance? Not saying you won't but others are already damning the idea.
                        I actually want to see it as opposed to just suggesting it. I'm worried that they'll pull the rug out from under us after months of teasing and building up the story... which probably will happen.

I enjoy GJ's writing, but I've lost track of the empty promises he's made over the years so I won't be holding my breath for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                          There is that fucking C word again...............

A story is a story, whether it's in continuity or a else worlds story. If DC had just made Lois get back with Supes, then people will just shout SAME OLD SHIT. So why not try something new, that maybe just maybe and I know it's crazy that people want to see?
                          Wow, you feel really strongly about Superman and Wonder Woman getting together. (Or at least it seems so.)

I don't have a specific issue with that pairing, it just doesn't seem like they have a lot in common other than superpowers, but I haven't been reading their individual books so perhaps I don't have the best of handles on their new personalities.

Ironically, I would have thought they made a better match back in the old universe, if it weren't for the fact that Lois was in the picture. Now Superman isn't attached, but he and Wonder Woman seem to me to have less in common than they used to.

My real issue (such as it is, it isn't that big a deal to me, since I'm not that big a fan of either character) is lingering annoyance with the (IMHO) totally uneccessary and (again IMHO) arbitrary decision to retroactively eliminate longstanding relationships for the DCnU.

Comment

Wow, you feel really strongly about Superman and Wonder Woman getting together. (Or at least it seems so.)

I don't have a specific issue with that pairing, it just doesn't seem like they have a lot in common other than superpowers, but I haven't been reading their individual books so perhaps I don't have the best of handles on their new personalities.

Ironically, I would have thought they made a better match back in the old universe, if it weren't for the fact that Lois was in the picture. Now Superman isn't attached, but he and Wonder Woman seem to me to have less in common than they used to.

My real issue (such as it is, it isn't that big a deal to me, since I'm not that big a fan of either character) is lingering annoyance with the (IMHO) totally uneccessary and (again IMHO) arbitrary decision to retroactively eliminate longstanding relationships for the DCnU.
                            I honestly don't, I just think why the hell not. I think it could be a interesting story if executed right.

Sometimes opposites attract.

Comment

Yo.

1) isnt this already being discussed in the Supes -thread??

2) I hope they fall for each other, then fuck, then FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU CKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK, then Supes decide he'd like to try being on the bottom for a change, at which point Diana realizes *thats* not as much fun..........and then they break up.

4 ishs later, Lois comes back and its back to Old Familiar Territory, but with a Stupid Fuckin' Costume (and besides, in a few years the relationship will just be Geoffcon'd into just being a movie date, so no worries.)
                              *thumbs up!*

Tazer
                              Tazer
                              That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                              Last edited by Tazer; 08-22-2012, 09:26 PM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                              X