Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your personal worst movie of 2010........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    W.West

• W.West
    replied
    I've always liked the guy. He's not the best, but he's never irritated and I've enjoyed most, if not all of his films.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    I used to dislike Dicaprio I think solely for Titanic, but seeing Gangs of New York and Inception changed my mind. Now, I'd say he's good but overrated.

Leave a comment:

• W.West

• W.West
    replied
    Avatar had tons of hype before it was widely released, and Inception had the same(to a much lesser degree) but based off Nolan's prestige and coming off TDK. I set my own hype, and the only movie this year to really disappoint me was Shutter Island. That film was good but nowhere near as good as it should have been considering all the talents involved.

Leave a comment:

• Scythe
    The Red Lantern

• Scythe
    replied
    Course I saw it opening weekend, wasn't gonna miss it. Heh, it's been months since the film's debut and my co-workers still stride about cocks abound. They've made me dislike Paul Gilbert, and I love me some Paul Gilbert. Sadly, they're slowly working Radiohead down that road from the times they play the same song over and over. I have horrible co-workers. Is that what it's called? The Star Wars effect? Never that term used, though it sounds appropriate.

-500 Internetz, I make this look easy.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Castle
    Alpha-Lantern

• Frank Castle
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
    Um, Shyamalan didn't direct or write Devil.

He just produced and is credited with the story.
    Ah that explains why I actually like that movie then.

Watched Devil last night, it was actually good, no stupid dumb shit like in his own movies, it was the devil for real in this.

It reminded me of The Thing as in trying to figure out which one of them was the devil, not a bad movie at all, now I know its not a Shyamalan movie, I dont feel so bad about liking it.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Castle
    Guardian of the Universe

• Bruce Castle
    replied
    Originally posted by Scythe View Post
    Not based on quality at all. I love Nolan's work. Though I must say that Avatar's: "Greatest looking movie period that'll change your fucking life!!!1!"-hype was very similar to Inception's: "Great movie ever that'll change your fucking life!!!11!!"-hype. They were two concepts that I didn't see be fulfilled. Other than that, like I said, Inception is far from being a bad film, and if it is in anyones worst films list, well that stinks. All the Inception hard-ons and wankng have made me just distance myself from it. I'll surely buy it, perhaps next year when I won't hear it being mentioned all that often, but then I'll have to sit through an entire film with Dicaprio in it. FML. Good thing there's Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ken Watanabe to make it easier.

So that's -400 internetz with a possibility of another loss of -300 Internetz from possible unforeseen Dicaprio hard-ons. I'm going for the all time lowest score, let's rock.
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Or you can just get to these things on opening weekend before the hype.

And you understand the hype, don't you? It's the Star Wars effect. Are these the best films ever? No, but there's a lot of quality to them. Idiots can tell they're well made, but they're simplistic, or at least carefully explained, so they're widely appealing.

But yeah, neither of them are the best films of their year. Inception is great, though.

And you do get -100 Internetz for disliking Dicaprio.

Leave a comment:

• Scythe
    The Red Lantern

• Scythe
    replied
    Comparing Avatar with Inception? -300 Internetz
    Not based on quality at all. I love Nolan's work. Though I must say that Avatar's: "Greatest looking movie period that'll change your fucking life!!!1!"-hype was very similar to Inception's: "Great movie ever that'll change your fucking life!!!11!!"-hype. They were two concepts that I didn't see be fulfilled. Other than that, like I said, Inception is far from being a bad film, and if it is in anyones worst films list, well that stinks. All the Inception hard-ons and wankng have made me just distance myself from it. I'll surely buy it, perhaps next year when I won't hear it being mentioned all that often, but then I'll have to sit through an entire film with Dicaprio in it. FML. Good thing there's Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ken Watanabe to make it easier.

So that's -400 internetz with a possibility of another loss of -300 Internetz from possible unforeseen Dicaprio hard-ons. I'm going for the all time lowest score, let's rock.
    Scythe
    The Red Lantern
    Last edited by Scythe; 12-05-2010, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Castle
    Guardian of the Universe

• Bruce Castle
    replied
    I lost that many, aw. It was still a good movie. Though hype did to it what it did to Avatar.
    Comparing Avatar with Inception? -300 Internetz

Leave a comment:

• Scythe
    The Red Lantern

• Scythe
    replied
    I lost that many, aw. It was still a good movie. Though hype did to it what it did to Avatar.

Leave a comment:

• Kuhan

• Kuhan
    replied
    I wouldn't say it was the worst movie of 2010, but the huge hype surrounding Inception let me down. Horribly. The way people around me talked about how it was supposed to be the second damn coming and how I haven't fulfilled life until I've seen that movie raised my hopes, especially since some people I know who havee great movie tastes were saying this. I found myself bored at times throughout the movie and the fact that I'm not a fan at all of Dicaprio just idn't help.
    -100 Internetz.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Castle
    Guardian of the Universe

• Bruce Castle
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    I saw his name and I assumed. Ughhh.... Some one willingly let him near their movie?
    You and everyone else. He's extremely well known, so he's gotta have plenty of fans. The detractors are just very vocal.

Leave a comment:

• Scythe
    The Red Lantern

• Scythe
    replied
    I wouldn't say it was the worst movie of 2010, but the huge hype surrounding Inception let me down. Horribly. The way people around me talked about how it was supposed to be the second damn coming and how I haven't fulfilled life until I've seen that movie raised my hopes, especially since some people I know who have great movie tastes were saying this. I found myself bored at times throughout the movie and the fact that I'm not a fan at all of Dicaprio just idn't help.
    Scythe
    The Red Lantern
    Last edited by Scythe; 12-05-2010, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow_Contact
    Corpse Trainee

• Shadow_Contact
    replied

I saw his name and I assumed. Ughhh.... Some one willingly let him near their movie?

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Castle
    Guardian of the Universe

• Bruce Castle
    replied
    Not really, but ok.

Leave a comment:

• Kuhan

• Kuhan
    replied

bah, either way it's his vision.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X