This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
    So I had a really shitty day today. I need a hug.........
    Originally posted by Robinson View Post
    kiss my ass
    What a great guy!

Comment

• Jim Bekland is a dick and Fox News is incredibly irresponsible for putting him on the air.

Fuck that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
        yeah, i get either a 1/skin fade or a 2/1 fade and they just look at me like "are you sure, its really short". I tihnk part of it is i let my hair grow out pretty good before getting a cut so they dont know what it was like short. It's just irritating, especially if its the same barber i go to 3/4 times i get a haircut.
        Originally posted by Razorgod View Post
        I feel your pain, what with requesting a similar cut....always the same lecture about how short it is.

I just smile and nod.
        Cut your own hair. I've been cutting my own crop since the late 90's. I invested in some decent Clippers for $50 and enjoyed the savings for years to come.

Having it done professionally is great and all, and the fellas at the shop are cool, but my hair grows like weeds in the Spring so it needs to be done every 2 weeks otherwise I'll end up with an afro. In addition, $15 plus tips every other week can be used for other things like gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
          Not because of Richard Nolle, referenced in the story above, but because of Jim Berkland, who had correctly predicted the 1989 World Series earthquake and in light of the devestation of the Japanese earthquake, my wife and I decided to check out earthquake emergency supplies. We bought some extra candles, matches, water, batteries, flash lights, food, etc.

Here's the video clip of Jim Berkland's warnings of a possible earthquake in the San Francisco area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7u7JpV3Up0

+ YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
          ...and nothing happened. We did get a TON of rain and violent winds over the weekend though. There were actual tornado warnings in parts of the Bay Area from what I read.

In my neighborhood, several fences were blown down and a few trees were uprooted.

Comment

• Now we are getting that storm...

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• You haven't seen a Tornado, until you've seen a Tornado in Tornado Alley.

Comment

• I'd rather not see a Tornado. My Father grew up in Nebraska and used to tell my sister and me horror stories about the bone-chilling sounds they would make and how the sky would turn black and rain hail.

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                  I'd rather not see a Tornado. My Father grew up in Nebraska and used to tell my sister and me horror stories about the bone-chilling sounds they would make and how the sky would turn black and rain hail.
                  I still want to go tornado hunting one day, I want to see the raw power of one of these things, up close.

Comment

• I'll pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                      I'll pass.
                      Come on Goat, you, me, Sylent and Darth driving we can make a great Tornado hunting team.

Comment

• Can I be Philip Seymore Hoffman from "Twister"?

Comment

Can I be Philip Seymore Hoffman from "Twister"?
                          Yes.

Comment

I still want to go tornado hunting one day, I want to see the raw power of one of these things, up close.
                            Until you get hit by a cow or a car. Tornado chasers are a special kind of crazy. I get a kick out of those shows where they get stuck and have to hide under an overpass.

Comment

Yes.
                              I'm in then. But you have to be Helen Hunt

Comment

I'm in then. But you have to be Helen Hunt
                                Fine, since I'm the one who wants to do this. Sylent is Bill Paxton then

Comment

Working...
                                X