Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WILLOW 2?

WOW I REMEMBER THE FIRST ONE as a kid

Warwick Davis recently stopped by the IGN office to discuss, amongst other things, his work on the Star Wars films and his recently published autobiography 'Size Matters Not'.

While we had him at our mercy, we tossed Warwick a few questions about the enduringly popular fantasy flick Willow, in which he starred opposite Val Kilmer as an aspiring sorcerer charged with the task of protecting Elora Danan - a magical baby at the heart of a mystical prophecy.

According to Davis, producer George Lucas and director Ron Howard told him at the Attack of the Clones premiere that there had been plans for a TV spin-off, but they were shelved some years back.

Davis is still keen on a sequel however. "I'd love to revisit the character of Willow" he explained. "When we left him at the end of the movie, he was getting alright at sorcery - using illusionary magic to fool the queen at the end - so has he got better at that? The books kind of discussed the future, but it would be nice to see what's happened to Elora Danan and all that stuff."

He continued "It would be great because we've established the world now, and the rules within the world, so let's go back and have some fun."

So would you be keen to see Warwick revisit Willow? If so feel free to chime in below and we'll start the campaign here!
    SHARE THIS ARTICLE

.........UPDATE................................... ......

JOSH BROLIN ASKS ABOUT THE GOONIES PART 2
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

I hear Val Kilmer's not doing much these days.
    Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
    Nor label his working day "cushy"
    But you might have to question
    His endless obsession
    With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorgod View Post

i thoughts hes runing for govenor of new mexico no?

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        i thoughts hes runing for govenor of new mexico no?
        I don't know. But given the choice of being Madmartegan or the Governor of Mexico, which would you choose?
        Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
        Nor label his working day "cushy"
        But you might have to question
        His endless obsession
        With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Dude looks bloated on the trailer for MacGruber.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I don't know. But given the choice of being Madmartegan or the Governor of Mexico, which would you choose?

id say id rather be govenor honestly. hes suppose to give the current govenor a run for his money this year

Comment

A bit passed bloated if you ask me

I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Looks like he has skinny legs though.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

nothing a few weeks in the gym cant handle.

At this point tho I dont see willow 2 being made.

Comment

I've never seen the first Willow. I don't like Val Kilmer as an actor, as he typically comes across smug or arrogant on screen to me.

Comment

If they do film adaptations of the Willow sequel-trilogy of novels I would be all for it... if its something else... meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                        I've never seen the first Willow. I don't like Val Kilmer as an actor, as he typically comes across smug or arrogant on screen to me.
                        The first is a cult classic, back when George Lucus could tell a good story and didn't get addicted to CGI. It's quite am enjoyable, feel good peice and a gripping film and worth checking out at least once.

Kilmer plays a character like what you mention in the film, but it's played for laughs most of the time. In fact the first ten minutes of his preformance is pretty hillarious. He's essentially Crazy Awesome. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrazyAwesome) He steals the show really. He and Warrick Davis make for a great pairing.

If they made a Willow 2 I would definately check it out. Hopefully if they can keep the look and feeling of the setting intact.
                        Revelo
                        Corpse Trainee
                        Last edited by Revelo; 06-17-2010, 09:24 AM.
                        I think Green Lantern is a pretty cool guy, eh overcomes graet fear and doesnt afraid of Sinestro.

Comment

This is one of those films that just needs to be left alone - sequel-wise. It's a great movie and had a lot of fun and to try and recreate that now would be impossible - especially with GL at the helm.

Comment

I take it you've not read the books.

Comment

Working...
                            X