Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Game Draft 2 rd 1: Star Wars: KOTOR vs GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Draft 2 rd 1: Star Wars: KOTOR vs GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony

From Director Kenneth Branagh

Rose Byrne as Bastila
    Nathan Fillion as Carth
    Jennifer Lawrence as Mission
    Ron Perlman as Canderous

Stanley Tucci voicing HK-47
    Lawrence Fishburne as Jolee Bindo
    Ralph Fiennes as Darth Malak
    Jason Isaacs as Saul Karath
    Brian Steele as Zaalbar

Jared Padalecki as Revan

VS

(New TV Series From Shawn Ryan, the Creator of The Shield)

Michael Pena as Luis Lopez (Protagonist)

Robert Downey Jr. as Anthony Prince aka Gay Tony (Supporting Character)

Victor Rasuk as Armando Torres

Mark Wahlberg as Rocco Pelosi (Supporting character)

Justin Timberlake as Evan Moss (Love Interest)
    Liev Schreiber as Ray Bulgarin (Antagonist)
    The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (a.k.a. "Gay Tony"), viewers will watch the competing loyalties of family and friends, and love the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price

Season 2 would be a completely different cast and story (another GTA game) similar to HBO's True Detectives
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    70.00%
    Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony
    30.00%

The poll is expired.

On the one hand, I don't really care much about KotOR, specifically (gasp!), on the other hand I couldn't care less about anything GTA. I know for certain which I'd be more likely to watch.

However, the GTA one seems quite well cast, and it definitely strikes me as a plausible concept for a series (I'm not sure if all those folks would go for a TV series role at this point. That's something I tend to ignore for these drafts, though).

KotOR is being (I assume) pitched as a movie. Can I ask which ending it will go with?

Comment

Padalecki breaks it for me. As much as I would like to see a KotOR movie (even if the twist doesn't have as much oomph if it's not interactive), he is a horrible fit.
      Another vote for a GTA.

Comment

Hmm, yeah, reading up on KotOR, I'm assuming that Padalecki would be THE main focus of the film. With apologies to fans of Supernatural (and/or Gilmore Girls, I guess), I don't really see him as somebody I would choose to be THE star of a Star Wars movie.

I may have to vote for the GTA show, even though I would never come anywhere near it, were it made.

Or maybe I'll just abstain? That seems kind of lame, though...

Comment

I will "third" the thoughts on Padalecki. I think he does a great job as Sam on Supernatural, and I like him. However, and I think this is as much a problem with Revan as him/herself, than just Padalecki, but Revan almost shouldn't be included in the movie. Actually, I would almost rather see them go the Rebecca route if they did a faithful adaptation of KOTOR and simply just have him mentioned by others. And just make Bastila be the focus of the movie until the end. Revan is a hard cast, considering he's a character the players made themselves and crafted their own personality to fit.

Which kind of makes sense when you think of Padalecki, cause he doesn't really have a strong emotional core in Supernatural. But still, just don't see him carrying a Star Wars film.
          JohnnyV
          Pictionary Master
          Last edited by JohnnyV; 06-27-2014, 08:58 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I have to agree, also. As much as I love Padalecki as an actor, especially on Supernatural, I just so t think he would fit as Revan.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
            When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

It's funny how we have so many expressing doubts about Padalecki, yet KotOR is winning 6-3.

Comment

He's the one weak link in an otherwise perfect cast (even though any actor in his mid 20's to late 30's could be Revan)

Comment

Given that he's THE main character (I'm assuming), that's kind of a bad weak link to have, though.

Eh. I can't bring myself to argue the matter too strongly. Like I said, given a choice, I know which one I'd WATCH. I'm just not that impressed by the casting of the central character.

Comment

Jennifer Lawrence as Mission makes up for it imo

Comment

I have infinitely more interest in a Star Wars film resembling what's been assembled here then in a GTA flick.

Comment

Working...
                      X