The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Mister.Weirdo
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Mister.Weirdo and Space Cop
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 14
  1. Mister.Weirdo
    09-09-2017 03:53 PM
    Mister.Weirdo
    Yeah, he's been getting better and better about special features. The Mulholland Dr. criterion was great in that regard.
  2. Space Cop
    09-09-2017 01:52 AM
    Space Cop
    Thanks for that. I'll keep that in mind when beefing up my Lynch library. It's almost like something switched with him and he's now willing to talk about his stuff, but that's cool with me. The Kino DVD of Wild at Heart Netflix sent me was good too.
  3. Mister.Weirdo
    09-09-2017 01:34 AM
    Mister.Weirdo
    Lynch is only weak with features when it comes to regular DVD's. His criterion sets (this is his third), tend to be stacked. The Fire Walk With Me edition includes new interviews along with a few new thing.
  4. Space Cop
    09-08-2017 01:47 AM
    Space Cop
    That's good. I love those. It'll be interesting to see what features they'll have since Lynch is notoriously close lipped about his work and several (but not all) of his DVDs are bare-bones (my copy of Mulholland Drive doesn't even have chapter breaks!). The whole Twin Peaks thing lead me to finally watch Wild at Heart (the last feature-length film of his I hadn't seen).
  5. Mister.Weirdo
    09-08-2017 12:52 AM
    Mister.Weirdo
    It's getting a criterion edition next month that includes the missing pieces. Probably the best thing to pick-it-up. In typical fashion, it's loaded with special features.
  6. Space Cop
    09-06-2017 01:12 AM
    Space Cop
    I agree. I think the suggestion was that the roofie or whatever it was blurred her memory, but that's kind of pushing it. At any rate, I liked that Lynch had a little more freedom both in a narrative sense and because it was R-rated. I'll pick up a copy some day to check out a little more in-depth.
  7. Mister.Weirdo
    09-05-2017 07:47 PM
    Mister.Weirdo
    I think Donna had just been forgotten about what she did with Laura. It was perhaps too much of a plot convenience for me though.
  8. Space Cop
    09-05-2017 12:59 PM
    Space Cop
    The Bowie bit was so random (typical Lynch), but perfect for Bowie. The only things that really bothered me: (1) If Bobby had already killed, why was he so cagey about setting up Leo? (2) If Donna had gone to one of Laura's orgies, why was she later surprised by her proclivities?
  9. Mister.Weirdo
    09-05-2017 06:32 AM
    Mister.Weirdo
    Yeah it's pretty good. It's a bit tonaly different from the show, but I appreciate it how it tries to wrap-up the overall story of the show.

Of course we now have a continuation story anyway, but hey it's still interesting. Bowie was great in his role too.
  10. Space Cop
    08-30-2017 02:09 PM
    Space Cop
    So, I finished my Twin Peaks marathon with Fire Walk with Me. I get why people are critical. It definitely loses the tone of the show, but I really liked it and think most of that was necessary to the story.