The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Deadpool
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Deadpool and Lantern of Gallifrey
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 30
  1. Deadpool
    05-14-2020 12:06 AM
    Deadpool
    Thanks! We'll definitely have to have a chat about the current direction of Doctor Who soon
  2. Lantern of Gallifrey
    03-20-2020 10:58 PM
    Lantern of Gallifrey
    Hey welcome back. Good to see you on again.
  3. Deadpool
    07-21-2014 10:08 PM
    Deadpool
    Same here. Moffat indeed does have a bad track record and usually save for Day of the Doctor, when I get excited about the show again Moffat finds a way to ruin it. Yeah, I felt the same way, I only really warmed to Smith in series 7 part 2, maybe he should have stayed a while longer. But I hope a new doctor will prompt Moffat to write differently.

Me too, I have a nasty feeling he'll stay for series 9 (he'll outlast RTD ) But can I see him staying for series 10? That would be a total of 6 series he's screwed up.

As for writers, there's a lot of variation, Moffat's writing a handful as you'd expect. Gatis I think is doing an episode, Neil Gainman isn't doing one which is great for me as I haven't liked either of his episodes. The Doctors Wife was feeble and Nightmare in Silver was just bad.
  4. Lantern of Gallifrey
    07-21-2014 08:33 PM
    Lantern of Gallifrey
    I'm looking forward to it but I'm nervous about how it's going to be. Moffat doesn't have a good track record as you know. I did start to like Smith towards the end but I liked the man as the Doctor, it was the stories that sucked and it all comes down to the stories. Smith could have been a great Doctor but most of the stories were crap. I really do hope Moffat leaves soon. Any idea who is writing most of the new episodes?
  5. Deadpool
    07-21-2014 06:11 PM
    Deadpool
    Looking forward to Series 8 coming soon? From the trailers, it looks like they'll be going a darker route with this series, something I certainly welcome. My personal prediction is that the twelfth doctor will certainly (hopefully) be better than Smith unless Moffat becomes even worse (which is near impossible) but I think he'll be average on my list but that's good. Either that or he might be in my top 5, you never know how things plan out but I doubt it will happen, unless Moffat leaves after series 8, actually becomes a decent writer (unlikely) or he dies in a car crash and someone else takes over.

I also think he's going to stay on for a bastard ninth series now, he's hinted at such. I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Capaldi out then they do something in the vein of The End of Time and have a new production teem and cast.
  6. Deadpool
    08-11-2013 11:37 AM
    Deadpool
    Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I wonder who will take over in series 9.
  7. Lantern of Gallifrey
    08-10-2013 03:05 PM
    Lantern of Gallifrey
    Yeah. I think Matt would have been a much better Doctor had Moffat not been the one in charge. I have just started to like him as the Doctor and since Moffat is leaving he might have had a chance to become great but I'm looking forward to see how Capaldi does.
  8. Deadpool
    08-10-2013 12:02 PM
    Deadpool
    I was hoping for someone about Eccleston's age myself. He'll probably do okay, but I think Clara will clash with the new doctor a bit like Mel did with the seventh. That's true, when Tennant started, I thought he was a bumbling idiot right up until the end of his first series, and even then I still preferred Eccleston.

When Matt started, after I saw him in the End of Time, I immediately thought he'd become my new favourite pretty quickly, then my hopes weren't lived up to in his first few episodes and I thought "it's only a matter of time, just look at how much you like Tennant now", but that moment never came. I'm glad Moffat is leaving after series 8, that might give Capaldi a better chance in my book.
  9. Lantern of Gallifrey
    08-10-2013 02:28 AM
    Lantern of Gallifrey
    I'm glad that they chose an older actor. I'm not sure how he will do though. I hope he is better than Smith when he started. But just remember no one ever likes the new Doctor.
  10. Deadpool
    08-04-2013 07:01 PM
    Deadpool
    Have you heard about the new doctor? It's Peter Capaldi. He's about the same age as Hartnel when he started.

Any thoughts on the new doctor?