The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Space Cop
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Space Cop and Agent Purple
Showing Visitor Messages 171 to 180 of 180
  1. Agent Purple
    09-09-2014 12:00 AM
    Agent Purple
    You think you're bad, my own father asked me when my birthday was.

But thank you very much.
  2. Space Cop
    09-08-2014 10:51 PM
    Space Cop
    Here I go on about Hitman and I didn't even notice it's your birthday. Happy B-day!
  3. Space Cop
    04-09-2014 12:15 AM
    Space Cop
    Hey, Agent, check out my post in "Last Film" re: Miami Connection. I think it would be right up you and your dad's alley (if you haven't seen it already). Just FYI.
  4. Agent Purple
    03-11-2013 05:09 PM
    Agent Purple
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
  5. Space Cop
    03-11-2013 12:56 PM
    Space Cop
    So, I've watched three Shaw Brothers flicks from your list so far and a whole slew of others that are available free online. So far, I'd have to say The 36 Chambers of Shaolin is my favorite with the possible exception of Executioners from Shaolin. If you've never seen the latter, it's available free on Youtube. It's "epic" in the true sense---multi-generational revenge story with lots of fights.
  6. Space Cop
    02-18-2013 05:22 PM
    Space Cop
    Looks pretty cool. Yeah, samurai are pretty rare now. For that matter, Kung Fu flicks are pretty few and far between (at least in the states). I see Man with the Iron Fists is out now. Sorry I missed that in theater. I might buy it sight unseen because the trailer looked great.
  7. Agent Purple
    02-18-2013 02:21 PM
    Agent Purple
    Also, since I recall you lamenting the lack of good modern samurai flicks, if you haven't seen it, then perhaps When The Last Sword Is Drawn (2003). Netflix has it (no streaming). I'd give my impressions, but I only have a burned copy with German subbing, so watching it would be difficult for a full review.
  8. Space Cop
    02-18-2013 03:10 AM
    Space Cop
    Well, I love these kind of movies anyway, so even if it didn't end up with the SB logo, I'd still probably like it. I've been in such a Kung-fu mood lately.

Thanks.
  9. Agent Purple
    02-18-2013 01:10 AM
    Agent Purple
    I'll hazard some recommendations, but I dunno if they'll be a whole lotta help (and they may not all be SB stuff):

Five Deadly Venoms
    Return of the Five Deadly Venoms
    The Avenging Eagle
    Blood Brothers
    36th Chamber of Shaolin
    Return to the 36th Chamber
    Flying Guillotine
    Master of the Flying Guillotine
    7 Grand-Masters

Those are all I can think of for now, sorry. I write down the DVDs I want to buy, but I don't know where I put the older list. Still, those films are great (villain of MOTFG has the most badass theme ever).
  10. Space Cop
    02-18-2013 12:42 AM
    Space Cop
    Hey, Agent, I'm looking for Shaw Brothers recommendations (see my post in the foreign film thread). I'm a neophyte to their stuff. You're a fan, right? What are your top favs? Thanks for any help.