Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Green Lantern Lifetime...

Collapse

Blog Summary

Collapse

A Green Lantern Lifetime...

About this Blog

I can't remember (and no it's not because I'm 62) but it is because it was so long ago, when I met the Green Lantern. In those long ago days, comic books were sold on Woolworth's Dimestore Counters, on Supermarket bookracks, & even in Drugstores. Everywhere you went you could find Superman, Batman, and all the Super Hero's fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Way! It seems like I always could say the GL OATH from memory and I guess what impressed me most about Hal Jordan was that he was just the average joe, that was given a ring, that made him special. In reading over some of the comics from the late 50's and early 60's, Hal has changed as much as the world we live in has changed. The world seemed a smaller place then, No computers; No cable TV; No cell phones nor iPods; and kids really played outside together and not on a game system in front of a flat screen TV after school was out. Hal and the other GL's seem now to fight evil anywhere but in sector 2814. I guess I'm happy to

Comments: 4

Owner

Subscribers (1)

Container Module

Collapse

Latest Comments

Collapse

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Subscribed
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
RichardB
Star Sapphire's Love Slave
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by RichardB, 03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post W.West