The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Blogs > Brandan's Bodega
FLASHCHAT

This is a collection of my mood, my preferences and everything I deem necessary to rant about. So, enjoy...and welcome to Brandan's Bodega!
  1. Old Comment

THANK GOD!

Great news man!
  2. Old Comment

WTF Issue #5

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Posted 11-06-2012 at 11:35 PM by The bezt red lanteren The bezt red lanteren is offline
  3. Old Comment

R.I.P. Kyle Rayner...Continuity

...Very organized and thorough. While I can't say I share the same fond memories of Kyle's run that I'm sure you possess, I nonetheless feel for your loss. This relaunch has affected more than just Kyle, and we're all feeling like we've lost out in some way or another.

But Kyle is a special case, I'll grant you that- years of development, relationships, and interactions with the DC proper as a whole, all done away with. Not only that, but I also agree and am mad at characters like Donna and Wally being dropped out. More than just being a staple of their own niche "families," they were enjoyable to read on their own and interacting with other characters as well, and it's a shame that, for the time being, we lose out on all those possible moments.

And you know it's bad when the creators, writers, and editors themselves are disappointed by it, right?

So, yeah, I agree that all the promise of potential brought about by the reboot will largely go unfulfilled, Kyle just being one case in particular, but I suppose all we can do is hope, right?
  4. Old Comment

What I Want From Green Lantern Zero Issues

They all sound great. I'd love to see Bleezes origin and a story about Abin and Sinestro. That'd be realy interesting.
  5. Old Comment

Open Letter to Carol Ferris

Nice, but I respectfully disagree. Brandan is apparently unaware of the long history involving Hal and Carol. Their many adventures together. Their many couplings. The times he has saved her. The times she has saved him. But enough of the heroic stuff.

Perhaps it's a romance that hearkens back to another age (my age...sigh...I've loved this match-up since I was ten years old myself), but it's been there since before Showcase #22, through Gardner Fox and John Broome to Gerard Jones and all the other great writers to Johns, and methinks it still has possibilities. Many times has the depth of their love been brought out. And I repeat, four of the five major breakups have been Carol's fault.

Oh. One more thing. No long-term relationship ever survives without the parties giving each other constant second and third and tenth and thousandth chances. How many times have I forgiven my husband of 31-derful years for his foibles? Many times daily. How many times has he forgiven me for my thoughtlessness, my absence, my denseness? Just as many. That's life. That's wanting it to work. That's making it work.
    Posted 01-15-2012 at 11:58 AM by Evergreen City Evergreen City is offline
    Updated 01-15-2012 at 01:21 PM by Evergreen City
  6. Old Comment

She could date John Stewart. He only gets planets killed.
  7. Old Comment

Very astute, well thought-out, and-- Wait, this is comics, there are people punching continuity in this world. I guess making no sense is just par for the course at this point.

That said, I'm not the least bit fazed at Carol's current decision-making skill, Hal-related or otherwise. And honestly, if she has really given Hal that many chances already, those two broken-inside people deserve each other.
  8. Old Comment
  9. Old Comment

DC Letters (Supergirl)

Good you are praising their work and also you are watching post.
    broadband for business
    Posted 09-30-2011 at 04:27 AM by businessbroadband
  10. Old Comment

My DC Entertainment Wishlist: Television

Mister Atom, Mister Mind, Ibac, Doctor Sivana, Captain NAZI- heck, maybe even a SUPERMAN cameo. Plenty of old school stuff to dig down to.
  11. Old Comment

How do you present this stuff to Johns? Does he respond?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Cap'n Marvel series as long as his villains are interesting. Problem is, you can't have Black Adam as the baddie every week.
    Posted 09-14-2010 at 11:25 PM by Sylent_Asassin Sylent_Asassin is offline
  12. Old Comment

Year...One in Review: The Huntress

Interesting stuff...
  13. Old Comment

WTF Issue #2

Hell I'm willing to stick with some shows during an uninteresting season. I managed to put up with Lost until the middle of series 3. Series 1 was really good but I got so sick of the whole thing, I see it as the TV equivalent of "Countdown" since it's clear as hell they had no idea what they wanted to do with it after a while.

Still, cheers for the heads up.
  14. Old Comment

WTF Issue #2

When I wrote this I had seen very little of Dexter. I really like that show...still, its nothing like The Wire. And if you're going to watch it, the first couple of episodes aren't all that interesting but keep watching!
  15. Old Comment

WTF Issue #2

Depends on what the academy considers worthy. The Oscars did the same thing when "Beauty & the Beast" was up for best picture (I know you aren't going on about the oscars committee but they're the best example since I'm from the U.K. and have never heard of the academy for tv arts and sciences). They all jumped up with "We can't have a cartoon in our annuls" and immediately changed the rules afterwards so it could never happen again.

I'll admit I've not seen too much of "The Wire". My mate has the box set and I'm borrowing it when he's done. What I saw looked really good but maybe the academy dismiss it as just another cop show even though "The Shield" would fall into that and that was really awesome.

Only seen season 1 & 2 of "Dexter" and I loved that.

You can't really put too much stock in what these people say. It's never as much a test of quality as much as it is a combo of politics and popularity.

Let the test of time go to work on lesser shows for you and the best ones are usually left standing.
  16. Old Comment

Question SHAZAM!, and R.E.B.E.L.S., I'm all instantly on-board with. Demo I would like to see, though.
  17. Old Comment

ABSOLUTEly Deserving

Absolute Final Crisis FTW!!!!!!
  18. Old Comment

ABSOLUTEly Deserving

Too heavy on Grant Morrison for my tastes, but I agree on JLA and the Grell Green Arrow set. I'd love an Absolute Loeb/McGuinness 'Public Enemies' and, down the road, an Absolute Blackest Night (with the BN and Green Lantern books included sequentially).
  19. Old Comment

Top 101 Films

It was my first Bond film where I actually paid attention.
  20. Old Comment

Top 101 Films

...A View to a Kill? Seriously?

Moore's like a grandfather as Bond in this one.