The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Blogs
FLASHCHAT

This is a collection of my mood, my preferences and everything I deem necessary to rant about. So, enjoy...and welcome to Brandan's Bodega!
Old

ABSOLUTEly Deserving

Posted 03-03-2010 at 01:00 AM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)

Once before I expressed my opinion on Green Lantern: Rebirth receiving an Absolute Edition published by DC Comics. Now to balance out my frustration, DC has decided to give All Star Superman that same treatment. As an owner of all 12 issues in floppies and 2 hardcover volumes of those same issues, obviously I am happy. This post is for me to give my selections on deserving stories published under the DC Comics umbrella(Wildstorm & Vertigo included), for Absolute Edition treatment. Also, you'll...
Posted in The Column
Old

Top 101 Films

Posted 01-28-2010 at 04:53 PM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)

Challenged by a poster on this message board to rank my favorite 101 films. At first I thought it would be impossible, simply because my memory is terrible. However, I realize that I'll just keep updating it before I post it. So, just to let you know, this list has gone through many of edits and will go through many more as time goes on. Also, keep in mind that FAVORITE and BEST are two completely different things, although I love my taste in films. Let's get to it....

Old

Grant Morrison and Wonder Woman pt. 5

Posted 01-27-2010 at 03:29 PM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)

Well there's some good news and some bad news people. The good news is that we made it to part 5!!!!!!!!! The bad news is that the proposed Grant Morrison/Wonder Woman run is now rumored to take place outside of continuity. Some have speculated that this would be Wonder Woman: Earth One to coincide with the rest of the DC Trinity. I have to admit that I'm leaning in that direction in light of this news.

Apparently the decision was made because Grant's story was more Doom Patrol than...
Posted in The Column
Old

Grant Morrison and Wonder Woman pt. 4

Posted 01-09-2010 at 08:36 PM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)
Updated 01-15-2010 at 09:39 PM by W.West

Part 4?! Yep! That's how excited I am, and that's how sprinkled this news on this (still unconfirmed/announced) project has been. To catch up on the story, click here and find the accompanying articles. Let's move onto why we're here for part 4 shall we...

As you may or may not know, DC Comics have signed artist David Finch from Marvel to an exclusive contract for the next two years. Rumors(ignited by previous convention panel discussions) have been circulating that he's going to...
Posted in The Column
Old

Please DC...

Posted 12-25-2009 at 01:54 AM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)

The following is a very direct and emotional response to writer Geoff Johns' statement on the recent FLASH news. It is not my intention to offend, insult, or harm anyone named,listed or insinuated with my words. I want and hope for only the best coming out of everything I write. Unlike other posts from "Wally's World Blog", it is completely unedited.

PLEASE DC...

Geoff Johns damage control statements are getting old. I'm tired of getting so...
Posted in WTF!, The Column